my6sense: Smart Social & News
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- Acceptable battery leaks
- Social networks integration
- gReader import
- Save articles, read them later
- Layout could be improved
- Less user-friendly than others
my6sense is a social news feeds for Android
Unlike other similar apps, my6sense isn't displayed in rows (grid-like), but in a vertical scrolling time line. Actually you can even sort that timeline by last posted or by source. You can add as many streams as you want but take into account that first you need to sign up (from the app) my6sense. Then you will be able to add streams categorized in Topics (Android, Business, Celebs and Gossip, Economy and Finance...), Social (Twitter, Facebook, Buzz, so far), Import from gReader or enter adresses from the Website. In this regard, in some devices, greader import doesn't work properly, although we've noticed no problems with a SGS.
You can add as many streams as you want. They'll be placed as "Folders". You can also view, rename or delete the streams you don't want to see anymore. Make it your own. Youcan save specific posts in order to read it later. There's a specific folder for read articles.
my6sense is set in a kind green and white layout. However, it's poor compared to other similar apps. my6sense isn't as visual as other. It isn't displayed in a grid what makes more difficult to see at a glance lots of posts from different sources. This makes it less user-friendly.
Despite of that, my6sense is still one of the social news feed app that should be taken into account. Although isn't as good-looking as other, it's more simple. Perfect for those who're worried about battery leaks and data consumption.
This app was featured in one of our videoreviews. Watch it here.
Designed to bring the best, most relevant and most interesting updates from your social networks, news and blogs, based on your own personal interests, My6sense brings the best from your Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader, RSS, blogs, news and social streams and learns from you as you use the app. my6sense not only becomes your intelligent scout, diving deep into your content to find the best for you, but smartly has built hooks into each social network to have you commenting, liking, tweeting, messaging and replying to your friends from within the app.
Skillfully designed with a beautiful and intuitive interface for Android phones and tablets, my6sense has been profiled in top news sites including CNN, TechCrunch, ReadWriteWeb, Mashable, TheNextWeb, VentureBeat, GigaOM, CNET and many more. Once you’ve experienced a smart and personal news and social stream in my6sense, you’ll wonder how you ever managed without it.
No wonder my6sense was counted among the Web’s top RSS apps, news apps and social apps at the end of 2010, listed among other top apps you know including Foursquare, Yelp, TweetDeck, Seesmic and others.
* Your Content: Top, relevant and recent stories from blogs and news sites you follow, Twitter updates from those you follow and connections on Facebook and Google Buzz, are combined in a single stream optimized for your Android device.
* Reading and Sharing News: Read articles you like, skip those you don’t, and take an action on any item to share it to social networks including Facebook.com, Twitter.com and Google Buzz, or use Android’s built-in sharing functions to e-mail content to friends, and save it to read later.
* Digital Intuition: my6sense isn’t any old news reader. It’s smart and it gets smarter the more you use it, learning from what you read and what you don’t to deliver a truly personal experience. my6sense, like a powerful magnet, brings the best updates from all your streams and pulls them to the top, eliminating the noise.
* Bring Your Streams: my6sense is centered around you, so you can import your RSS feeds from Google Reader, your friends from Facebook and your connections on Twitter, with the same security permissions you find on Google.com, Twitter.com and Facebook.com.
* Be Social: my6sense is more than a smart consumption engine. You can update all your social networks, including Google Buzz, Facebook and Twitter at once from our built in update feature. You can retweet, reply, direct message (DM) and favorite Twitter tweets, and you can like and comment on items in Facebook and Google Buzz. Find an item you like on my6sense? Share it to any network!
BREAK THROUGH INFORMATION OVERLOAD
my6sense is your personal ranking engine for Android. Instead of spending hours in your streams or feeling worried you will miss the best updates, my6sense finds the top, most relevant items, and brings them to you. Designed with Android in mind, for Samsung, LG, HTC, Verizon, Dell, Sony and many more, my6sense makes your smartphone smart. Eliminate the noise and be empowered with my6sense.
The future is personalized for you. Join the future.
FIND MY6SENSE ON THE WEB
AND DON'T MISS OUR EXTENSION FOR TWITTER
For Google Chrome: http://m6s.com/chromeweb
More browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer coming soon.
* Performance and stability enhancements
* Google Buzz: Goodbye old friend...
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
even i got full signal on my internet connection.
Same as all others. It says network timeout and won't let me login. I had the same problem with my iPhone. Useless!!!!!
Couldn't even sign up! App kept reporting Network Timeout even though I'm connected to WiFi
Uninstalling this app that doesn't work.
I've un-installed and reinstalled on several occasions. Still no luck. Now forced to un install permanently.
It used to be a great app but now it seems the app is dead and you can't login
U cant go further than signing in All it appears to do is show that ur internet connection has timed out Not good for me at all Just uninstalled