Plume for Twitter
1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- One of the best screen widgets for Twitter
- Bit.ly support (more than 140 characters)
- Columns distribution
- Tacky interface
- Update tweets performance could be improved
Plume for Twitter is a Twitter client that let us to customize almost everything
There are coming lots of Twitter clients up. Each one of them offers and added value in some aspects. Plume for Twitter is the one that brings the widest range of options to customize how the tweets are displayed.
First, you will be able to add as much account as you want (multi-account supported). Once you do it, it will appear the tweets distributed in scrollable columns. As in other Twitter clients, you are free to customize what columns you want to show: general feed, direct messages, your tweets, contacts that retweeted you, etc. The default theme is a bit tacky but you can customize it to your liking. Besides that, you will be able to change the font size, timeline and friends colors, revers order, mention highlight, theme... and many more.
Besides the customization you can perform the same than in the Twitter official app: post, attach links, retweet, direct messages, metion, geotagging, share photos, bit.ly (more than 140 characters), follow/unfollow, mute twitter users, word or clients, replies to a tweet... among others features. An internal browser is included to find friends or hashtags.
But what's probably its strongest point is the screen widget. There are different sizes but, the largest offers a comprehensive Twitter experience: you can perform almost everything from there. What's more, it's easy-typing thanks to the @ and # buttons, improves the user experience.
Plume for Twitter has been developed by LevelUp Studios, the well-known Android developer, author of Beautiful Widgets among other great apps.
If you like to set to your taste even the details in your Twitter client, this is your best option. It's probably not the best client regarding rendering, but it's high-customizable and it has one of the most complete screen widgets. Truly recommendable.
- Colorize your timeline/friends from Twitter
- Multiple twitter accounts support
- Scrollable widgets to display your twitter timeline on your home
- Lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- Mute twitter users, word or applications
- Facebook timeline & posting
- Live Streaming in app
- Picture preview in timeline, large view of images with pinch to zoom
- Twitter geotagging
- Swipe scrolling
- Very customizable
- Internal browser
- Autocomplete twitter hashtags and username
- Share photo with Twitter, Twitpic, YFrog, Mobypicture, MyPict.me
- Bit.ly support for your URLs
- Inline twitter conversation
- Display replies to a tweet
- Display twitter profiles
- Pull to refresh
- a lot more!
Plume is a beautiful, highly customizable Twitter client, which will change the way you feel about Twitter!
2014/2/24 - 5.54
- fix unread counter of DMs
- fix floating activities on 3.+
- fix all widgets using same data source
- misc crash fixes
2014/1/21 - 5.50
- new Direct Message handling to be more like a chat system
- display private Twitter DM pictures
- fix issues with pictures upload
- fix some counter issues
- fix Instagram handling
- force SSL with Twitter
- support always-on live streaming (push notification)
- column counters now show the amount of unread tweets
ADVERTS have gone from annoying to adware.. it is never acceptable to open random webpages without permission. If not fixed will find and buy another app -losing trust in this.
This is a great app for Twitter and Facebook but has recently been ruined by ads that pop up as an overlay (samsung galaxy note) and now the ads are opening up google play to trick me into downloading some crap app. SORT IT OUT!
After update, Facebook will not update. Error msg, application update limit reached.
current version has ads that repeatedly take you to the play store to install them, and its also crashing constantly.
From all Twitter apps I found, Plume is the best. Its only serious competition comes from Falcon Pro, which is free and has a very slick interface. Although Plume can learn from that, I cannot let it go for it supports custom columns among some other feat
Keep it up!!! :)