We have a comprehensive London listing, so if you're going to the Olympics, whether at the Olympic Park or elsewhere, check out where to go for a pit stop.
Please bear with us - we're updating our database to make sure you have full pub and bar coverage wherever you are in the UK. If you can't wait, just hit the logo on the main screen of the app and select "Feedback" to send us an email with a pub or area you want to see included on Pub Scout.
Discover places not just to eat and drink, but also to be entertained, compete in a pub quiz, take your children along to, and more.
Pub Scout’s Guide to Good Times does all this and more:
* Uses GPS to show your current location and displays what venues are around you
* Comprehensive London listings, with a total of nearly 8000 UK pubs and bars
* All live listings include opening and closing times, plus food service times
* Address, telephone number and website details where appropriate to all listed venues
* Search by common street names (eg. Oxford Street)
* Search by postcode, location, town, city, county, and tube and train stations
* Search for a feature, such as beer garden, live sports, real ale, disabled access and more
* Search for an event, such as live music, pub quiz or salsa classes
* Real-time updates to pub events and closing times
* Search for a chain, for example, Wetherspoons, Youngs, Fullers, Nicholsons, etc.
* Search for CAMRA and real ale pubs.
* Find live music, go for a pub quiz, find a pool table or dartboard, or search for other features
* Keep up with what's trending by getting tweets from us on @pubscoutApp or from a bar or pub's Twitter account.
* Share your favourite places with your friends via Facebook.
* Meeting up somewhere? You can also send an SMS or email to your friends with a handy link so they can find where they need to be through a single click.
* Review and rate your places (you can sign up through the app for this)
* Tag your favourite places so you can find them easily when you open up the app.
* Nominate your local bar or pub if you think there's Something Special about it.
What sets Pub Scout out from Fancyapint, Beer In The Evening or similar websites and apps is that all our listings have opening and closing times, and where available, features and events. So whether it's a nice cold continental pint you're after or a proper ale, Pub Scout will show you where to go. Even if you're after the football in 3D, somewhere with darts, a pool table, beer garden, jukebox or comedy, Pub Scout will do it's best to take you to what you're after.
A couple more points to note – we only ever display a certain number of pubs to make Pub Scout work a bit faster and get you somewhere even when you're relatively low on connectivity. If you want to search another area, just hold and release that part of the map.
Our Twitter feed can be slow at times; sadly we can't control how much data is fetched so all we can ask is please be patient. It does work, but probably not if you have low connectivity.
Oh, and we get notified if your app crashes. So if it does happen, you'll be pleased to know we'll get someone on it immediately to try and fix the problem.
And lastly, enjoy Pub Scout. A Guide to Good Times!
Recently changed in this version:
UPDATE ON TABLET VERSION: We will be releasing this in the next couple of weeks so please bear with us. We just want to get it absolutely right.
We continually update our database, but if your area isn't sufficiently covered, email us at email@example.com to get it sorted sooner.
* Fixed bugs with Android 1.6, and other minor bugs
* Quicker initial load
* Hold down a row in the list to easily call a pub or bar, or SMS, email or Facebook your friends where you are or want to meet