Friends and family can Pyng you any time THEY want to know where you are, rather than the burden being on YOU to send your location to them, as with other apps. With permission control settings, choose to automatically allow Pyngs from trusted contacts, so that they can see your live location without you needing to lift a finger. For other contacts, respond with is a simple "Yes" or "No" each time they Pyng you.
You can be Pynged from a web browser on ANY type of device, whether a computer, tablet, or smartphone. That's right - once you install PyngMe on your phone, inform friends of your unique webpage address (ex: http://pyng.me/Emily, then they can Pyng you using a web browser on any type of device. You gotta try this!
Please submit questions, comments, and feature requests to our Facebook page (Pyng.Me App) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll get back to ya.
TO PYNG someone: you need to log into Facebook.
TO BY PYNGED by someone: you need to 1) have the app installed on your phone, 2) enable Location Services (Settings > Location services > Enable both Wireless Networks and GPS Satellites), and 3) give them permission to Pyng you.
WAYS TO USE PYNG.ME
Family & Friends
- Check on a friend's location
- Family members can easily find each other
- Find my phone
- Safer than texting while driving
- A quick way to show your ETA
- While you train allow friends to locate you without disturbing you
- Show friends your live location on race day
- Friends can locate you even when your route changes
WHAT MAKES PYNG.ME SPECIAL?
• Other apps track your location constantly. This wastes battery and data. PyngMe tracks you only when you approve a Pyng, and only when a contact is actively viewing your location (usually no more than 1 minute).
• Other apps require each person to have the app before it is useful. With PyngMe, only the person being Pynged needs to have the app. Friends & family can Pyng from any web browser.
REGISTRATION AND USE
Register with your Facebook account and pick a unique PyngMe ID. Your ID then becomes your unique PyngMe webpage: http://pyng.me/YOURNAME that friends and family can use to pyng you. pyng'ing you is a request which appears on your phone as a notification. You will need to respond to the request in order for them to see where you are.
CONTROL YOUR PERMISSIONS
On the Contacts page, set each contact to:
1) "allow" - automatically allow their Pyngs, or
2) "ask" - the app will ask for your permission each time they attempt to Pyng, or
3) "block" - all Pyng attempts from this contact will be blocked
The default setting for each contact is "ask". For highly trusted contacts we suggest the "allow" setting so that they can see your location at any time without you needing to lift a finger. If you want to be completely un-Pyngable for a while, simply check the "Block Viewing" box under Settings.
PyngMe does not keep your location services running unless a contact is actively Pynging you. When they stop viewing your location, the app automatically stops broadcasting your location. This conserves battery and data usage.
Each Pyng uses a small amount of data if your phone is not on Wifi.
Tags: pyng me.
Major improvements in Version 1.3:
- Tutorial added
- International functionality
- Option to receive push notifications
- No longer uses SMS