This uses the newly released, though limited, API from Quora. Currently, the API only exposes:
- Notification counts
- Unread Inbox counts
- A limited number of notifications (5 at time of release)
Qua supports all of these and a little more.
Unofficially, this adds:
- Clearing of displayed notifications. Access this via the Menu key. ***
*** Caveat: the approach used to mark notifications as read may incorrectly target notifications that arrive after the last refresh. The semantics are unclear, since my notifications feed is not active enough to make this a problem. Please keep this in mind when using this feature, but it should work well for most.
*** Unofficial APIs may break at any time, but I'll try to keep up as time permits. Those who do not want to use these features may disable the "Use Unofficial API" option under "Settings".
- Provides a widget for viewing unread notification counts (red) and unread private mail counts (blue). One may enable auto-refreshing in the Settings menu.
- Background refreshes only trigger when the phone is active after the specified interval in order to conserve battery life.
- Widget tap action is also configurable via the settings menu. The widget can run Qua or open a browser to Quora.
- On the first run, you will be taken to Quora's login page. Log in and click the "Set Identity" button to save the session for subsequent use.
- Refresh the main app view as desired via the menu option. Note that retrieved information is limited presently due to the API.
- Quick links are accessible in the status line of the main screen. Tapping "Notifications" and "Inbox" will take you to the corresponding pages on Quora.
- Clearing or assigning a new login session can be done through the settings menu.
Tags: quora android, android quora, qua android, quora for android, android qua for quora.
Recently changed in this version:
Fixed a bug with the clearing of sessions: all cached data is now cleared, and the widget will always read fresh data. Please clear your session if this affected you with a prior version.