500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- Original idea
- Facebook/Twitter connect
- Automatic contacts import
- Screen widget
- There's no way to sign up by e-mail
Quora is a social horizontal forum
Quora is a platform where users can ask and answer questions. This would remind your Yahoo! answer, however, this isn't exactly the same. Yahoo! Answers allows anonymous Q&A, unlike Quora that asks you to join the platform by Facebook or Twitter connect. Likewise, it could remind you a classic forum. However, a forum uses to be vertical (that's it, one topic-related) and, in addition, doesn't have this social approach: you can follow both users and topics and view in your timeline activity related to them.
Thus, Quora is a horizontal social forum. Your Twitter/Facebook friends that are already Quora users will be added automatically. From that moment, you can check their interest, questions and answer posted on this platform. Quora apps is set in a neat layout divided by swipable streams: home (timeline), notifications (mentions, questions involved in), browser (search topics) and profile.
Quora means a new way of searching topics and getting informed: keywords are overcome by full questions. Obviously, this has a big catch: despite of topics categorization, there's a chaos of questions and answers. In other words, there's a lack of focus: it makes you feel if you had an attention deficit disorder, watching answer from different nature topics.
In spite of this, the idea is great and it's been quite successful since 2009. From now Android users will be able to enjoy it on their devices.
• Add and browse questions, reviews, and blogs
• Answer questions and find great answers
• Vote on the best answers, blog posts, and reviews
• Optimized for tablets
• Find an answer right away with fast, voice-enabled search
• Stay up-to-date with rich push notifications
• Install the widget to see a feed of the best answers on Quora right now
• Share interesting questions, answers, reviews, and posts with your friends and followers
• Add Quora to your phone search for integrated results
NOTES: Quora is only for English-language content at this time. To provide best experience possible, we ask that everyone have a Quora account and use their real, full name.
This version has a new set of features and improvements:
• Get visibility into the distribution of your Quora content by tapping Stats from your profile tab
• Individual push notifications will open directly to content so you can more quickly read the content you want
• Other small improvements and fixes, including adding comments on Android 4.4
- Cav I. Downloaded Nov 30, 2013
- Ramx G. Favorited Oct 15, 2013
- dbin78 Added to list May 14, 2013
- fvr Downloaded May 2, 2013
- ertuncefeoglu Favorited Apr 1, 2013
- Shafique A. Downloaded Mar 31, 2013
- ZahratAlyasmeen Favorited Mar 26, 2013
- Álvaro R. Downloaded Mar 26, 2013
- email@example.com Downloaded Mar 23, 2013
Won't show up in open applications and refreshes each time I open. I can never get back to reading what I was. And reading in a browser isn't possible because of "view in app to read more". Now that's just pain pathetic.
User interface can be better
It's sincerely good
Pls update d app next time such tat the inbox can b opened in d app itself instead of redirecting to other browsers. Its irritating to open d inbox in a seperate window. Pls update tat feature then the app ll b cool.
Good app to get local and global information