1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- Original idea
- Facebook/Twitter connect
- Automatic contacts import
- Screen widget
- There's no way to sign up by e-mail
Quora is a social horizontal forum
Quora is a platform where users can ask and answer questions. This would remind your Yahoo! answer, however, this isn't exactly the same. Yahoo! Answers allows anonymous Q&A, unlike Quora that asks you to join the platform by Facebook or Twitter connect. Likewise, it could remind you a classic forum. However, a forum uses to be vertical (that's it, one topic-related) and, in addition, doesn't have this social approach: you can follow both users and topics and view in your timeline activity related to them.
Thus, Quora is a horizontal social forum. Your Twitter/Facebook friends that are already Quora users will be added automatically. From that moment, you can check their interest, questions and answer posted on this platform. Quora apps is set in a neat layout divided by swipable streams: home (timeline), notifications (mentions, questions involved in), browser (search topics) and profile.
Quora means a new way of searching topics and getting informed: keywords are overcome by full questions. Obviously, this has a big catch: despite of topics categorization, there's a chaos of questions and answers. In other words, there's a lack of focus: it makes you feel if you had an attention deficit disorder, watching answer from different nature topics.
In spite of this, the idea is great and it's been quite successful since 2009. From now Android users will be able to enjoy it on their devices.
• Add and browse questions, reviews, and blogs
• Answer questions and find great answers
• Vote on the best answers, blog posts, and reviews
• Optimized for tablets
• Find an answer right away with fast, voice-enabled search
• Stay up-to-date with rich push notifications
• Install the widget to see a feed of the best answers on Quora right now
• Share interesting questions, answers, reviews, and posts with your friends and followers
• Add Quora to your phone search for integrated results
NOTES: Quora is only for English-language content at this time. To provide best experience possible, we ask that everyone have a Quora account and use their real, full name.
This version includes a new set of improvements and bug fixes:
• Better support for notifications
• Fix for timestamp bug
• Fix for case removing app from recent applications list
• Better keyboard support
• Easier sharing to Gmail
I used to linger around yahoo answers but Quora seems to be a lot better.
Please add more features to the application( that are available online )
Nice app to use and browse through. If you ask a question you usually will get more than one answer, which makes it even more useful. I recommend this app to anyone who has questions and want answers without doing a lot of research.
I love this quality discussions
I like the app it does the job.
A must have app if and only if you have an android in your pocket and got time to explore the topics of your interest.