SMS Text Responder
by: Mad Robot Scientist • 4
AD-FREE! NO ADS! Android 1.5+
Automatically respond to text messages while driving, in class, in meetings, sleeping, on a date, etc.
Use SMS TXT Responder to answer incoming text messages if you don't want to be disturbed, or you can't be disturbed.
Create custom messages for unique contacts and groups of contacts. Set unique message for phone numbers NOT in your address book.
Clean, professional interface designed for maximum ease of use; suitable both at the office and in the club.
** Compatible with ALL VERSIONS of Android (1.5 and up)
** Custom groups with unique response messages
** Return Announcement - builds a list of everyone it responds to. When you "return", you can send a single message to everyone in that list to let them know you are available.
** OPTIONAL "Auto-Reply" TAG to let people know they have received an automated response
** OPTIONAL Location TAG which is OFF by default. Turning this on appends your current location to the reply-text. If your phone's GPS is off, the location is limited to the city or town you are in. If your phone's GPS is on, the location will be the nearest street address.
** OPTIONAL Time-Away feature that appends how long you have been "away" to the response message.
** OPTIONAL Confirm-Prior-To-Send feature that gives you a confirm/cancel prompt prior to sending replies
** OPTIONAL Text-To-Speech feature. Android versions prior to 2.2 (Froyo) require the TTS Extended Service app by Eyes-Free Project, available at code.google.com/p/eyes-free/downloads/list
Keywords: text txt sms msg message auto reply response responder answer driving tts text-to-speech busy gps location broadcast social business recreation utility communication entertainment lifestyle media personalization tools professional productivity
1. After adding a new group, the "Selected Group" becomes the group you just added (instead of going back to the Default group)
2. After deleting a group, the "selected Group" becomes the the next group (instead of going back to the Default group)
3. When "Append location to message" is checked, the current gps location is displayed below the checkbox.
4. When "Append location to message" is checked, your location will NOT be sent if the GPS has not acquired a signal (instead of sending "location unknown")
5. When the "Selected Group" is the Default group, the Delete and Rename buttons are not active
6. The "Exit" button was removed (clicking "Exit" would close the app instead of just minimizing it. To leave the app running, click the "home" button on your phone. To close and exit the app, click the "back" button on your phone)
7. Renamed "Add..." button to "New Group"
8. Renamed "Delete..." button to "Delete Group"
9. Renamed "Rename" button to "Rename Group"
10. Expanded the TTS warning message and added an "ok" button to ensure users have the opportunity to read the message and get the website to download the TTS component if necessary (this should not be necessary for devices running Android 2.2 "Froyo" or later)
11. Added the option to append how long you have been "away" to the response message
12. Changed color scheme (instead of black text on white background, the background is now black, all titles and options are now white and all data is now yellow)
13. Fixed app closing issue when using "Reply Veto" option
14. User data now in slightly larger font
Tags: txtresponder , responder with location , sms text reponsder , sms keyword responder , smstext , text responder , sms gps location , how to use sms text responder , auto text for when you cant answer a text