Socially You FREE
by: Dzines Unlimited • 12
A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE UNINSTALL BEFORE UPGRADING. THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT AND SHOULD BE DONE
A paid (AD-FREE) version is available here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dzinesunlimited.sociallyyou.paid
Please use the free version before buying. There is no difference in the features or functions, except the free has advertisements in it. ;-)
Socially You is a new, clean way of connecting with your friends and family using Facebook (Twitter integration has started but not quite ready for prime time yet).
In Socially You, I have integrated the Facebook features that are most commonly used on mobile phones. Newsfeed, Albums, Friends list, profiles for other users, Checkins, Notifications, etc. Goes without saying that you can also post Status Updates, Checkin at places you visit and upload photos to your Facebook account. (At the moment, if you also connect your Twitter account to Socially You, you can also post the same update to Facebook and Twitter simnulatenuouls)
Socially You also integrates a cool feature that allows you to edit your Photos before uploading to Facebook or Twitter. You can add filters to your images or photos, edit the images or photos, re-size them and plus a whole lot more. It's really cool. Give it a shot. ;-)
Play around with Socially You. If you have any suggestions or feedback for me, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. I make an effort to update Socially You as soon as possible with newer features / functions and bug fixes wherever and whenever necessary. But if you think there is something I can add to Socially You to make your experience better, send me a mail and I will try and integrate it as soon as possible. Again, Twitter integration has started. An update will be posted as soon as it is stable and ready to release.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Socially You is still a beta release and although I generally spend about a day of testing before releasing, some issues may creep in inadvertently. In such cases, please send me your feedback plus any error reports that may be generated. They really help fixing errors I may have missed. Also, Socially You is NOT optimized for tablet devices YET! I will work on it, but there are more important milestones before starting with that. Please do not provide a negative rating / feedback for the lack of tablet support. :-(
SOCIALLY YOU USES THESE COOL LIBRARIES FOR VARIOUS FUNCTIONS:
1. Jake Wharton's ActionBarSherlock (http://actionbarsherlock.com/)
2. AppMsg (Crouton) (http://johnkil.github.com/Android-AppMsg/)
3. Aviary SDK (http://www.aviary.com/android)
4. Chris Banes's PhotoView (https://github.com/chrisbanes/PhotoView)
5. Chris Banes's Pull-To-Refresh (https://github.com/chrisbanes/Android-PullToRefresh)
6. Jeremy Feinstein's SlidingMenu (https://github.com/jfeinstein10/SlidingMenu)
7. Jake Wharton's ViewPagerIndicator (https://github.com/JakeWharton/Android-ViewPagerIndicator)
8. Sergey Tarasevich's (Nostra) Universal Image Loader (https://github.com/nostra13/Android-Universal-Image-Loader)
And last but not the least [without which Socially You wouldn't function ;-)]
9. Facebook's Android SDK
10. Twitter's Twitter4J library
DETAILS OF PERMISSIONS REQUIRED BY SOCIALLY YOU:
1. android.permission.INTERNET: To access the Internet of course. Can't connect to Facebook or Twitter without that eh? ;-)
2. android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To check if you have Internet Connectivity.
3. android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: To cache images and photos that show up in your Newsfeed, Albums, etc. This helps to speed things up. :-)
4. android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: This is necessary when you Checkin in to a place. Necessary to get your location to do so.