Christian work started in Kuwait in 1910 when the Arabian Medical Mission of the Reformed Church in America opened a clinic here. The clinic gave way first to a Men’s Hospital (photo on left), and then also one for women. The discovery of oil made this work unnecessary, and the hospitals were closed down in 1967. By then the church was well established, and consisted of three language congregations: Arabic, English and Malayalam. These three constitute the National Evangelical Church in Kuwait. Over the years other congregations were founded, but not as a part of the N.E.C.K. At the present over 40 congregations hold regular worship services on this compound, in addition to three Christian organizations which also hold weekly meetings.
The Lighthouse Church (formerly called English Language Congregation) was established as a non-denominational congregation separate from the mission in 1962. In the last 13 years it has grown from a small group to a congregation of over 2000 members. Over 50 nationalities are represented in the congregation. There are presently 30 plus weekly worship services for the TLC. In addition to this, the TLC also runs a Day Care Centre and Academy (grades KG to 3) as well as a Christian Bookstore. Our Christian Education dept. offers programs like AWANA for the children and adult courses including Vision Bible School Kuwait (accredited and affiliated with Vision International University).
from 6 reviews