500,000 - 1,000,000 downloads
- User-friendly interface
- Facebook connect
- Ask, thumb and give opinion
- Filter by category
- Some post aren't questions but "curiosities"
- Needs integration with other social networks
Thumb is a mix of social network and classic forums
We all like giving our opinion on stuff, specially if we have deep knowledge on the matter. "Thumb" took that idea and made it simple, and social. First off, you need to register (just input your name, email, password and date of birth). Then you can start thumbing up/down and giving your opinion around.
It works this way: from "home" you can choose asking or giving your opinion. If you choose asking you have to type your question, attach a photo (if you want) and choose who's allowed to see it (friends, contacts or public). Then, you'll start to receive thumbs up/down and opinions on the issue. In the other hand, if you want to give opinions ("vote" tab), there will be shown random questions with or without pictures. You can give an opinion (text) or vote it (thumbs up if agree, thumbs down if disagree or neutral if you don't know about that issue). Once voted, another one will be shown.
If you marked all categories you'll see random questions. However, you can apply filters by category: for example, sports, food&drink, gaming, music, etc.
From results you can view a history of questions "you asked" and "you helped". Finally, from "me" tab you can customize your profile: avatar, good advice starts, find and add friends, votes counter, etc.
In summary, Thumb is a new concept of social networks that mixes entertaining and helping community in a simple way. Interesting concept. It's worth to give it a go.
Get feedback, help others with your opinion, and start a conversation…instantly.
The Joy of Thumb:
- Get instant feedback from the Thumb community
- Feel good helping others by giving your own opinion
- Converse one-on-one with people that share your opinions
- Easily filter by topic, etc. to get relevant responses and new content
The Press (on The Joy of Thumb):
- “Thumb’s average usage is currently 2nd only to Facebook’s” - TechCrunch
- “Thumb is so hot, it’s twice as addictive as Pinterest” – VentureBeat
- “Angry Birds-like addictive” – Portfolio
- “Highly addictive” – Mashable
- “The immediacy is striking” – GigaOm
- “Dead simple” – The Next Web
Other Thumbers (on The Joy of Thumb):
- “This app is like crack. I want more!!”
- “It’s like Facebook, but better; I can’t stop!!”
- “I love this app, It’s better than tumblr and instagram! Pure awesome!”
- “I’ve met so many great people and made so many new friends!”
- “More addictive than cocaine!!!”
- “It’s like crack. You have been warned.”
- “This is more addictive than smoking.”
- “No app has affected me like this one. I can’t put it down, seriously.”
* Registration is required and users must be 13 and over.
- Hashtags! Tag your questions and search questions in the vote stream by tag.
- Improved performance
- important bug fixes
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Better then any other social app
No way to have a private account...people get up there and miss treat you because you are black.
What upp bitchessss!
The concept of this app is very simple: people ask questions, other people answer them with yes, no, or, if necessary, a comment. Asking these can quickly help you make a decision, and answering them is fun and addicting. But there are some cons: the app
Great app. Does exactly what it says that it would and that is to get you real responses from real people who are in your age group quickly. The latest update fixed some of the more annoying bugs. It still has ways to go but it is at least on the right tr
The latest version fixed many of the issues that I had. A major improvement!