1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloads
- One-to-One and Group Chat
- Media attachment + contact card + current location
- Cool interface
- It's completely free (forever and ever)
- Needs to face other similar (and successful) apps in the market
- No themes to personalize it
Pingchat! is a cross-platform messaging app
Pingchat! is a phone number-based messenger service that allows Android, iOS and BB users anywhere in the world to chat one-to-one or in a group for free. First time you open the app, you will have to introduce your phone number and the app automatically will find your contacts who are already using Pinchat! to integrate them. That easy. Then you can start to chat with them.
Pingchat! allows you to send to your contacts media files (photos, videos, sounds, smilies) as well as contact card and your current location. You can send it to an individual contact or to a chat group. There are push notifications that you will be able to set to your liking from the preferences. What's more, Pingchat! allows you to share your social profile with your contacts. The interface is cool and original, quite different than other similar apps. Its medium white font size over a dark grey background and its 3D-effect button make it simple, and user-friendly.
Pinchat! has been developed by Enflick, Inc. an emerging developer who has just launched this app on market, but who's getting good feedback for it: great amount of downloads and high rating.
We sincerely recommend Pingchat! but we would like to first make something clear . The problem of this kind of apps is that it depends on the amount of people are using it, that's it, its ability to become the cross-platform messaging app used by the most of Android/iOS/BB users. So we recommend you this app since is great, works properly and does what it says. But if the most of your contacts are using other messaging app, you will probably prefer to have that one. If that's the case, you can also download this one and try to convince your friends to change by showing how amazing it is!.
Touch lets you:
- Message your friends through Chats that feel like you are talking in person. Enjoy chatting with unlimited text, video, and voice messaging, delivery and read receipts, typing status, and top-notch speed and reliability.
- Share your life with those closest to you through Experiences that make the distance fade away.
Touch has been built to provide a personal, simple and powerful experience to let you maintain your closest relationships. Keep in touch with your friends on iOS, Android and BlackBerry through Touch.
- Fix image too small on high resolution devices
- To help pay for operating costs to keep this app going, we've added ads to this update. We appreciate your support and understanding.You can turn off ads at anytime by going into settings.
- Fixed Facebook sign-in issue
- Fixed a bug where emoticon looks small on high resolution device
- Other minor bug fixes
Enflick neglected this once nice app
Touch used to work great. Lately, messages are very delayed when sending - hanging around with the wifi symbol rather than sending.. also, touch repeatedly says it can't connect to the touch server (even when every other app on phone connects to wifi perfectly fine).. makes the app useless. Its happening to the main person I talk with in Touch, so it's not just me. Sent an email support ticket - n
It seems over the past month or two the connection is always dropping no matter if you are using data or wifi. Sometimes it takes over 3 hours before the person I sent a text to gets it. What is going on with this app?
Absolutely sucks lately. Uninstalling. Cubie better for big groups. Kik better for small ones.
Receiving friend requests from people I don't know. Can't even block them out because of "Error" messages when I do so.