100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- New iconography and theme color
- Galaxy Nexus support
- It drains bit more battery than the original Tweetdeck
TweakDeck is a Twitter client TweetDeck based
It must be said though that this app isn't affiliated with either Tweetdeck nor Twitter. It's an independent Twitter client that is based on Tweetdeck interface and appearance.
However, its developer, Modaco, wanted to enhance the original Tweetdeck app in some regards. First we've noticed is the new iconography: the icon is blue as well as the unread bar and the highlights, just like the Chrome version looks like. It includes deck.ly (same as original Tweetdeck). What has been fixed is the bug with t.co URLs and the Galaxy Nexus support. Modaco says that it was also optimised and compressed for a better performance. We've noticed that the app runs smoothly, it takes shorter to load the Time Line. The only catch is that it seems that it drains a bit more battery than the original (1%-3% more, not really important.)
We recommend you to give it a go if you are already using Tweetdeck. Test it a couple of days and check by yourself if the improvements are worth enough for you.
Please ensure you read the changelog before commenting - it contains important updates!
If you are experiencing any Facebook issues, remove and re-add your Facebook account.
TweakDeck now has Twitter's blessing to exist! :-)
I have started to include additional languages from this version onwards! Want to help translate TweakDeck into your own language? Visit http://www.getlocalization.com/tweakdeck/ :-)
Follow @tweakdeck and @paulobrien on Twitter for TweakDeck updates!
This is a modified version of TweetDeck to fix some issues with the current Market release. I'm a huge TweetDeck for Android fan, and just want to help keep the application alive!
Note that this application can be installed alongside the official TweetDeck release with no ill effects.
Be aware that if you install the app to SD, widgets will not be available!
- Full landscape support
- Swapped Refresh and Map button locations
- New high resolution TweetDeck iconography
- Facebook displays correctly in 'Me' column
- Blue highlights in application and widget (replace yellow in line with new web experience)
- Fixed widget background colours
- Bug with incorrectly truncating t.co URLs fixed
- Translate works (moved from Google to Bing API)
- Max font size is now 40pt
- Default font size is now 24pt
- Support for lockerz inline preview
- Support for pinterest inline preview
- Support for yfrog.us inline preview
- Fix for flickr inline preview
- Fix for instagram inline preview
- Fix for some image clipping issues
- Improved Facebook support
- Fixed Galaxy Nexus support
- Optimised and compressed
- Localisation into a number of languages (user contributed)
- Application can now be installed to SD
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL SUPPORT QUERIES TO http://mdc.gd/tweakdeck - DO NOT POST IN THE COMMENTS WHERE THEY MAY BE MISSED!
Looking for another Twitter account to follow? Follow @modaco for the latest Android news!
If you use and enjoy TweakDeck please consider purchasing the donate version to support future development. Please note that both versions are functionally identical!
- fixed Flickr image previews
- If you use and enjoy TweakDeck please consider purchasing the donate version to support future development
- If you are experiencing any Facebook issues, remove and re-add your Facebook account.
- Full landscape support is now included - no more forced screen rotation
- yfrog.us preview support
- Fixed issue with map view also refreshing
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
Has it recently been pulled out of Android Market? Download link won't work from phone, and search on the Market website turns up nothing. :(
This is exactly what I was looking for, after having deleted Tweetdeck because my LG Ally internal storage couldn't handle Tweetdeck. Tweakdeck can go to the SD card! Perfect. everything else seems the same to me.