by: uPulse • 2
Set the pulse!
• See what’s happening around you
• Get event information
• Find your local specials
• Create pulses for your Facebook events through uPulse.net
• Join a pulse
• Get group coupon type deals
uPulse provides users with real time information of popular activities in their area. This information is provided utilizing a map interface with individual icons called pulses. The pulse color represents one of six types of locations: Restaurants, Bars/Pubs, Entertainment, Sporting events, Group events, and Fast Food. Each pulse is designed to grow or shrink depending on the number of users at any given location. Pulses will also contain an animated pulse and flash effect dependent on user activity within a location.
What kind of information will a pulse provide?
User created Group Pulses will include the following:
• Name of location
• Event name/type
• Event details
• Number of users checked in at the location
• Duration of event
Commercial Pulses will include the information in Group Pulses plus the following:
• Detailed Location information
• Event information (ex. Band, cover charge, age restrictions, etc.)
• Information on current specials and pricing
Who can make a pulse and how are they created?
Pulses can be created in two ways:
• Users can create group pulses for free through their facebook profile.
1. Create a uPulse account
2. Allow uPulse to link to your facebook account
3. Import your facebook events to uPulse on your home computer
4. Verify your pulse information/ location and create your pulse.
• Commercial pulses can be created for a fee by contacting uPulse directly through uPulse.net. These pulses are intended to act as event advertisements for commercial entities. Interested in seeing a specific location on uPulse? We encouraged users to contact the commercial business they would like to see on uPulse and let them know!
Tags: upulse code