Zello PTT Walkie-Talkie
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Cross-platform (Android, iOS, PC, Blackberry, WP)
- Ease of use
- Voice history
- Public/Private channels
- Nothing special
Zello Walkie Talkie LoudTalks turns your Android device into a walkie talkie
The unexpected success of push messenger apps cleared the way to the emergence of other related apps. Zello is a push-to-talk app, which is something that sounds groundbreaking. However it's based on an old gadget: walkie talkies. Thanks to mobile devices, walkie talkies became an app that works over data connection instead of radio waves.
Thus, you can send/receive voice messages to/from your friends thanks to push-to-talk technology and data network (Hold, speak, release). Obviously, they need to download and install the app and add your as a contact. It's cross-platform (available in Android, iOS, Blackberry, PC and Windows Phone), so all you friends will be able to join the app. However, there are also "channels" which can be public or private. In other words, you can create your own channel with your friends and join other public channels.
It supports Bluetotth headset in some devices. Perfect to follow a public or private channel while driving, for example. What's more, there's a voice history that permits you to keep track of the full conversation. Just tap any entry of the log to play it. You can also record "solo" messages, which can be used to record notes.
A cross-platform walkie talkie app that allows you to talk with your friends, no matter where they are, and that really works. Isn't it great? Highly recommendable.
- Real-time streaming, high quality voice
- Contacts availability and text status
- Public and private channels for up to 300 users
- Option to map hardware PTT (Push To Talk) button
- Bluetooth headset support (selected phones)
- Voice history
- Call alert
- Push notifications
- Works over WiFi, 2G, 3G, or 4G mobile data
Zello uses proprietary low-latency push-to-talk protocol and is not interoperable with Voxer, Sprint Direct Connect or AT&T Enhanced PTT. Zello Android client supports free public service, Zello@Work cloud service, and private Zello Enterprise Server.
We are working hard to improve the app so please expect frequent updates. If you have questions or issues send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
► Visit our website http://zello.com/ptt to get Zello Walkie Talkie for your PC or different platform
► Connect with other Zello users on Facebook: http://facebook.com/ZelloMe
► Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/zello
Version 2.37 release notes:
- Fixed microphone problem on many devices
- Fixed progress icon shown in action bar on android 4.0.x
- Fixed screen orientation is not locked while a message is being sent
Version 2.36 release notes:
- Faster application startup
- Improved profiles caching to reduce data consumption
- Improved channels search feature
- Colorful status icon is back
- Improved UI performance
- Other bug fixes
More updates are coming, please support Zello by rating the app!
- Wild C. Downloaded 1d ago
- Pavan K. Downloaded 3d ago
- Григорий Favorited 3d ago
- Rayane R. Downloaded Nov 28, 2013
- Eduardo S. Downloaded Oct 20, 2013
- Selipar J. Downloaded Oct 4, 2013
- Shayan M. Downloaded Sep 28, 2013
- Rodolfo T. Downloaded Sep 14, 2013
- Roslina M. Favorited Sep 14, 2013
Easy and fun to use, low data usage
I use this app a lot I love it getting to meet new people all over the world:)
By far the best Push To Talk! I've tried them all. One minor thing though. What happened to the greyscale icon? Can we have the icon color be a choice in the options?
The best program, very useful, keep go forward, thanks