Loquendo TTS Paola
by: Loquendo S.p.A. • 259
Please be warned that this version is not yet compatible with Android 4.0 (ICS) and above.
Italian Text-To-Speech female voice. Now any speech-enabled app can talk in Loquendo TTS!
Loquendo TTS voices on the Android Market have been created to enrich your Android phone with Loquendo's expressive and fluent synthetic speech to power your navigation apps, SMS/email readers, screen readers, task managers with vocal alerts and any talking application on your Android phone.
Please note that user-installed TTS are only supported by Android 2.2 (Froyo) or later.
1. First, click on the application icon that has now appeared in your application menu (e.g. Loquendo TTS Paola): you'll be prompted to start the voice download and installation (“Install” button). NB: Downloading means that 30-45 MB of data will be downloaded from a Loquendo remote computer: if you don't have a “flat” data plan please consider connecting your smartphone to a Wi-Fi access point instead of using your GPRS/3G connection.
Should the installation get stuck or fail, please check the following:
• your device has access to the network
• your device has a working storage card
• your device hasn’t lost the network connection while downloading, otherwise some data will be missing
In this case, interrupt the installation and start over.
Now you are ready to try out Loquendo speech! Try playing around with the demo: edit the sample text to create your own sentences - with or without emoticons!
2. Your LTTS voice is not yet the default TTS on your smartphone. To do this, tap on the “Settings” icon and browse to “Voice Input & Output” → “Text-to-Speech Settings”.
Scroll down to the “Engines” list and check your Loquendo TTS voice in order to enable it among the possible default engines. Then tap on “Default engine” and, again, select your Loquendo TTS voice.
Now, tapping on “Listen to an example” you should hear a sample sentence spoken by your LTTS voice through the Android TTS framework.
Finally, if you want all applications to use the new voice, check the option “Always use my settings”. That's it: now any speech-enabled Android application will speak with your favorite TTS voice!
When installation is complete, or whenever you reopen your Loquendo TTS app, a screen appears confirming that the voice has been correctly installed. Pressing the Menu hardware button you get the following options:
• Help: to open the help page
• Settings: to go to the settings screen
• Update data: in case an update of voice data is available
• LTTS Demo: to go to a sample of your Loquendo TTS voice
• Reinstall: in case your TTS voice needs to be repaired or updated, you can go through the installation process again
Press the Menu button on your phone, then tap “Settings”. You can adjust the speech volume and choose the “Reading style” (see below).
The Loquendo TTS speaking rate can be adjusted via “Speech rate”, available in the Android general settings on the “Text-to-Speech Settings” page. Currently the LTTS Demo will not be affected by this setting, but all applications using TTS will be.
Loquendo TTS Paola allows you to enable a “Messaging” reading style.
The "Messaging" style includes an SMS abbreviation decoder which correctly reads the more common emoticons and acronyms used in text messages and emails.
The LTTS Demo is intended to provide a simple and easy-to-access demonstration of Loquendo TTS features; it is not supposed to be a full-blown application.
According to the reading style you have currently set, when you open the demo screen a sample text will be loaded to demonstrate the reading style you have selected. You can edit the text, or type in a new text, and press ‘Speak’ to hear it.
Advanced feature: you can also have your own text files loaded. See how in the help file: http://tts.loquendo.com/AndroidMarket2/android_help_Italian.htm
Tags: loquendo tts paola , loquendo paola , loquendo , loquendo tts , loquendo paola gratis , loquendo gratis , tts paola , loquendo full , loquendo demo cannot hear