100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By BinaryEarth
This app is designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest of locations since it doesn't need network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates so you can use it with your topographic maps and compass. Waypoints and track logs recorded in the field can be be viewed later in Google Earth on your PC.
* Shows your current location in UTM map coordinates or in lat/lon.
* Allows you to manually enter waypoints using UTM or lat/lon coords.
* Can store your current location as a waypoint.
* Shows your speed and direction of travel e.g. 5 km/h, NE (45)
* Has an odometer to show total distance travelled.
* Waypoints can be exported to a Google Earth KML file.
* Can record a track log to a Google Earth KML file.
* Can guide you to a waypoint with the "Goto" screen using true or compass bearings.
* Can display a simple map of your current location and the stored waypoints.
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the Australian datums and map grids AGD66, AGD84, GDA94, AGD, GDA, AMG, and MGA.
* Displays distances and speeds in metric or imperial units.
* Lists satellite locations and signal strengths.
* Thoroughly tested in real world conditions.
Note 1: This app is identical to Basic GPS (free) except there are no limitations.
NOTE 2: On some phones such as the Galaxy Nexus you may need to run an app to rescan the SD card before the BasicGPS folder is visible when connected to a PC. Restarting the phone is another option.
Tags: basic gps, gps mga australia, simple gps sports, simple gps, basic 4 gps, code read coord gps andorid, simple gps waypoint goto, basicgps, basic gps app phone, basic class for gps.
2.12 Added ETA to Goto page, improved map pinch-zoom and pan.
2.11 Improved icons.
2.10 When distances are more than 1000 metres or 5280 ft, show in km or miles.
2.9 Added short-cut buttons at top of main page.
2.8 Added preferences page.
2.7 Added button to enable GPS to be turned on. Improved satellites page.
2.6 Improved KML reading code and listed files when Import option select.
2.5 Fixed Goto page rendering issue, added online help to menu, added fast zoom in/out options to map page.