Bicycle Tire Pressure Calc
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Popular misconception is to pump a bike's tires to the highest number printed on the sidewall by the manufacturer. Instead, the optimal pressure is that which yields in a 15% sidewall drop. Sidewall drop is a non-linear function of the load on the tire and its width. It can be computed based on the weight of the bike, rider, bags, and gear. It is also different between front and back, depending on the frame geometry.
With this App, you can instantly compute the optimal tire pressure from your phone or tablet wherever you may be: in your garage, on the road, at a friend's house.
* Enter weights in either pounds or kilograms
* Calculate pressures in either PSI or bar
* Tire widths from 19 to 60 mm; diameters of 26", 650B, and 700C; 4 of the most typical frame geometries or user-defined measurements
* Configure and save multiple bikes
* Tap bike graphic to recalculate pressures
Tags: gstar bike tyre pressure, bicycle tire pressure calculator, bike tire pressure widget, bicycle tyre pressure calculator, cycling tire pressure calculator, bicycle tyre pressure maths, bike tire presseure based on weight, road bike tire-pressure calculator.
* New UI look and feel
* Misc usability bugs fixed
* Fix v1.1 'hang' when reading saved bike config's from v1.0.
* Internal mod to UI API's for improved compatibility with Android 4.0+
* Modify layout for optimization on very large and very small screens.
* Newly created bike configurations have front & rear loads set to zero.
* 'Custom' geometry type hides the rider weight field. (Bicycle's weight, while not hidden, is also ignored with the 'Custom' geometry.)