Bicycle Tire Pressure Calc
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Edison Gauss Publishing
Popular misconception is to pump a bike's tires to the highest number printed on the sidewall by the manufacturer. Instead, the optimal pressure is that which yields in a 15% sidewall drop. Sidewall drop is a non-linear function of the load on the tire and its width. It can be computed based on the weight of the bike, rider, bags, and gear. It is also different between front and back, depending on the frame geometry.
With this App, you can instantly compute the optimal tire pressure from your phone or tablet wherever you may be: in your garage, on the road, at a friend's house.
* Enter weights in either pounds or kilograms
* Calculate pressures in either PSI or bar
* Tire widths from 19 to 60 mm; diameters of 26", 650B, and 700C; 4 of the most typical frame geometries or user-defined measurements
* Configure and save multiple bikes
* Tap bike graphic to recalculate pressures
Tags: bicycle tire pressure calculator, gstar bike tyre pressure, road bicycle tire optimum pressure, cycling tire pressure calculator, free tire pressure app cycling, bike tire pressure widget, road bike tire-pressure calculator, bicycle tyre pressure calculator, bicycle tyre pressure maths, mtb tire pressure calculator.
* Fix potential display of stale tire width data on some devices.
* New UI look and feel
* Misc usability bugs fixed
* Fix v1.1 'hang' when reading saved bike config's from v1.0.