BoatCoach for rowing & erging
10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
- Display stroke rate, stroke count, distance, speed, time, elapsed time, calories, heart rate, etc.
- Built-in graphs
- Logbook to store all your workouts
- Programmable workouts with simple graphical wizard
- Ergout game for Concept2
- Stroke analysis for rowing
- Customizable user interface
- Supports sweeps, sculls, kayaks, dragon boats, Concept2 ergometers
BoatCoach saves you from spending hundreds of dollars on a dedicated stroke meter and provides features not found elsewhere. BoatCoach uses your phone’s built-in sensors so no wires required!
Questions, comments, suggestions, issues... please see www.boatcoachapp.com/blog
[If your phone has Android OS version less than 4.1, see instructions at www.boatcoachapp.com/instructions.php.]
- Stroke rate / count
- Speed average
- Speed for the last 10 strokes
- Elapsed time
- Calories / Watts
- Heart rate
ADDITIONAL ERG MEASUREMENTS
- Drive length / speed
- Drag factor
- Stroke sensor
- GPS strength
- Ergometer connection
- Use 8 predefined programs including pyramids, tabata, 3 x 2000M, 10x500M, etc.
- Create unlimited programs using simple graphical wizard
- Program time, distance, effort, target stroke rate
- Use programs for both rowing and erging
- Store all your rowing and erg workouts in a single logbook
- Edit and email workout details
- View graphs of prior workouts
- Upload workouts to Concept2 website
- Plot speed, stroke rate, and heart rate vs. distance and time
- Adjust y-axis max/min to optimize display area
- Pinch & zoom to view in more detail
- Automatically store graphs in logbook for later viewing
- Collect and email CSV data while rowing and erging. Speed, distance, heart rate, stroke rate, etc. Graph in spreadsheets like Excel.
- Collect and email GPX information while rowing. Map your workout in Endomondo, Garmin Connect, and other applications.
- Hands-free autostart pieces
- Manually start / stop / clear /pause / resume pieces
- App can speak start/stop/speed/time/distance/etc [useful for blind rowers]
- 4 customizable screen layouts. Choose the data you want to see.
- View distance in meters, kilometers, feet, miles
- View speed in m/s, km/hr, ft/s, miles/hr, min/500m, min/1000m, min/mile
- Enter your nickname, club, boat, weight
- Optimize stroke sensor sensitivity
- Play the popular Ergout arcade game while working out on the ergometer
- Multiple skill levels
- View acceleration vs. time graph for your boat
- Email graphs to yourself
- Help optimize your stroke
HEART RATE SENSOR
- Check and record your heart rate
- Requires Zephyr heart rate monitor
- Save $5 when you order your Zephyr HxM Android heart rate monitor at www.ZephyrAnywhereStore.com and use promotion code "BoatCoach1"
- Programs, graphs, and data capture require paid upgrade for full functionality.
CONCEPT2 USERS – IMPORTANT
- Erg must have PM3 or PM4 monitor with *latest* firmware
- USB cable required to attach phone to monitor. Order from Concept2 or Amazon
- Phone must pass USB Host Mode compatibility tests. Use the “USB Host Diagnostics” app available free from the Google Play Store. If the USB Host Diagnostics pass all tests, then BoatCoach will work.
- App will not function properly if a LogCard is in the monitor. Remove any LogCard first.
Tags: strokecoahc, measure stroke rate in boat, rowing boatcoach app, rowing stroke coach, rowing shell gps speed monitor, boatcoach, boat coach how to open raw data, boat coach app, rowing boatcoach, gps tempo distancia velocidade.
1) Complete redesign of BoatCoach
2) Support for Concept2 ergometers
3) Added programmable workouts feature
4) Logbook stores graphs of prior workouts
5) Programmable user interface
6) Many more features. See www.boatcoachapp.com/blog/instructions for more details