Accuracy is basically only limited by the accuracy of user's input.
This Ballistics calculator computes accurate trajectories of any type of projectile, or bullets from airguns or firearms.
Easy computation of scope hold over, scope adjustments, Point Blank Range optimization, ...
The computation is based on :
- Bullet characteristics (Caliber, weight, Ballistic coefficient)
- Bullet Initial conditions (muzzle speed or energy, LOS inclination, ...)
- Atmospheric conditions (Altitude, Pressure, Temperature, Humidity, Wind)
- Shooter's position and shooting azimuth (to include Coriolis effect)
This software is based on the numerical solution of modified point mass trajectory equations.
The main features are:
- Solves numerically modified point mass trajectory equations with a 4th-5th order Runge-Kutta method.
- No simplifying assumptions for best accuracy (doesn't resort to the usual flat fire assumption)
- Rifle, projectiles, scope, target and atmospheric conditions organized into savable profiles
- Projectile library with mass, ballistic coefficients and dimensions information
- Support for multiple ballistic coefficients at specified velocities
- Can use any standard drag functions (G1, G2, G5, G6, G7, G8)
- Computes trajectory and point of impact
- Includes atmospheric corrections: support of Army Standard Metro (ASM) and ICAO standard atmosphere models
- Zero-atmosphere support
- Includes wind drift effect
- Support variable wind profile between shooter and target
- Includes Coriolis drift effect (Automatic latitude and azimuth, using GPS and sensors)
- Includes Spin Drift effect (Gyroscopic drift)
- Includes Aerodynamic jump effect
- Computes bullet path, speed, energy, drift, ...
- Computes, displays and optimizes Point Blank Range
- Shows points of impact and trajectories in several reticles (duplex, mildot, TMR, ...)
- Computes sight clicks adjustment for changing conditions (bullet, target distance, wind, ...)
- Computation of customizable drop tables
- Automatic units conversion
- Ballistic calibration: auto adjust BC or muzzle velocity from velocity and/or drop measurements
- Includes a database with characteristics of more than 1400 bullets
- Possible to export results as .png images or .csv files
Help and user manual can be found on the developer website.
- Added dark color theme (in Preferences page)
- Added scope Zeiss 6.5-20x50 with Z1000 reticle
- Added scope Bushnell 4-16x40 with G2-DMR FFP reticle
- Solved crash in preference page on tablets
More scopes will be added later, or upon user request.
- Added a reticle preview in the scope editing page.
- Added scopes: Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X50 and X56 with MOAR, NP-R2, and NP-2DD reticles.
Please do not hesitate to contact the developer (e-mail below) in case of any issue/question.