The perfect companion for your next outdoor adventure. Seek, find, record and return home with Handy GPS.
IMPORTANT !! You must enable the high accuracy (GPS) location mode to use this app. To get a GPS fix, make sure you are outside, and wait. It will not work indoors
This app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn't need network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates so you can use it with your paper topographic maps. Waypoints and track logs recorded in the field can be be viewed later in Google Earth.
NOTE: This is a free trial version and is limited to storing only 3 waypoints, and 40 track log points. You can use the trial version for as long as you want, but if you like this app, please install the paid version of "Handy GPS" to get an unlimited version with lots more features. Thanks!
* Shows your current location in easting/northing (UTM) or lat/lon
* Shows your speed, direction of travel, and total distance travelled in either metric or imperial/US units
* Can store your current location as a waypoint, and can store a track log to show where you've been
* Waypoints and track logs can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files
* Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM, MGRS or lat/lon coords
* Can guide you to a waypoint with the "Goto" screen using true or compass bearings
* Optional audible proximity alarm on goto page
* Has a magnetic compass page (on devices with mag sensors only)
* Computes the local magnetic declination at startup using the IGRF-12 model, for use on the goto page.
* Automatically computes geoid correction at startup to improve altitude accuracy
* Can display either a simple map of your current location and the stored waypoints, or a Google Map if a data connection is available
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the Australian datums and map grids AGD66, AGD84, GDA94, AGD, GDA, AMG, and MGA. (You can also use WGS84 for NAD83 maps)
* Shows satellite locations and signal strengths graphically
* Can display simple or MGRS grid refs
* Waypoint-to-waypoint distance and direction
* Optional timer to record walk duration and compute average speed
* Has online help pages
* Now comes complete with an Android Wear version for use on your Android Wear smartwatch. (This has the same functionality as the HandyGPSWearFree app used to have. As before, the free Wear version is limited to storing only 1 waypoint)
* Can be used instead of "MyTracks" app
* Thoroughly tested by developer on many off-track walks
Extra features available only in the paid version:
* No ads.
* An unlimited number of waypoints and track log points.
* Offline maps.
* Custom datums.
* Elevation profile.
* Take photos from the app.
* Email or SMS your location to a friend.
* UK grid refs.
* GPS averaging to improve location accuracy,
* Sun rise and set times.
* Export waypoints to CSV file.
* Project waypoints using bearing and distance.
* Compute length, area, and elevation change from tracklog.
Permissions required: (1) GPS - to determine your location, (2) Network access - for access to Google Map tiles, (3) SD card access - to load and store waypoints and tracklogs, (4) Camera access for taking pics (only available in full version), (5) Prevent phone from sleeping so that proximity alarm works, and (6) Modify system settings to allow the Wear version to dim the watch screen.
Disclaimer: You use this app at your own risk. The developer accepts no responsibility for you getting lost as a result of using this app. Batteries in mobile devices can go flat. An alternate power source is recommended for extended hikes.
Note that this app is also now available for iPhone and Windows Phone 8.
Tags: handy gps , handy gpsfree , handi gps , handy gps all , handy gps free , handy gps feee , app abkühlen für handy , gps handyfree , gps handy