1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
This app is a real navigation tool designed for outdoors sports like hiking, bushwalking, mountain biking, kayaking and trail riding. Its simple to use and works even in the remotest back country since it doesn't need network connectivity. It allows you to work in UTM or lat/lon coordinates so you can use it with your paper topographic maps. Waypoints and track logs recorded in the field can be be viewed later in Google Earth.
* Shows your current location in easting/northing (UTM) or in lat/lon.
* Shows your speed, direction of travel, and total distance travelled in either metric of imperial/US units.
* Can store your current location as a waypoint, and can store your track as a "breadcrumb" trail to show where you've been.
* Waypoints and breadcrumb trails can be imported from and exported to Google Earth KML and GPX files.
* Allows manual entry of waypoints in UTM or lat/lon coords.
* Can guide you to a waypoint with the "Goto" screen using true or compass bearings.
* Has a magnetic compass page.
* Computes the local magnetic declination at startup using the IGRF-11 model, for use on the goto page.
* Can display either a simple map of your current location and the stored waypoints, or a Google Map if a data connection is available.
* Supports the world-wide WGS84 datum along with the Australian datums and map grids AGD66, AGD84, GDA94, AGD, GDA, AMG, and MGA. (You can also use WGS84 for NAD83 maps).
* Shows satellite locations and signal strengths graphically.
* Can display simple or MGRS grid refs.
* Has online help pages.
* Thoroughly tested by the developer on bushwalks.
Extra features available only in the paid version:
* A custom datum can be configured using ellipsoid and shift parameters.
* An email containing a clickable link showing your location can be sent to a friend using gmail.
* An elevation profile of your route can be shown.
* Can average GPS locations over time to give a more accurate result.
* Can take photos, which are optionally geotagged, directly from the app.
* Unlimited number of waypoints and breadcrumb trail points.
* Show sun rise and set times.
Permissions required: (1) GPS - to determine your location, (2) Network access - for access to Google Map tiles, (3) SD card access - to load and store waypoints and tracklogs, and (4) Camera access for taking pics.
Disclaimer: You use this app at your own risk. The developer accepts no responsibility for you getting lost as a result of using this app. Batteries in mobile devices can go flat. An alternate power source is recommended for extended hikes.
Keywords: hike, walk, cycle, cycling, ride, tracklog, remote, backcountry, wilderness, wild, navigator, garmin, etrex, magellan, topo, gps tracker, gps surveyor, survey
Tags: handy gps, handy gps (free), handy gps binaryearth app, gps, handy gps 41 ed, handy gps на андроид скачать, gps sport handy, agd66 to wgs84 cocordinate convertor, utm für handy, handy gps binaryearth.
7.3 Added a preference to use the device's magnetic compass sensor to indicate the correct direction to the target on the Goto page when you're stationary.
7.2 Fixed bug causing zone error when editing waypoint or entering new waypoint in Lat/Lon modes.
7.1 Added option to show sun rise and sun set times on main menu. (Full version only).
7.0 Fixed issue with editing waypoints in different zones to the current one.