MMA Fighting - Videos
by: VideoApps • 7
☆☆☆☆☆ MMA Fighting - Videos ☆☆☆☆☆ The App leader for mixed martial arts and UFC news, MMA News, UFC Rumors, MMA Rankings, Interviews, Videos, UFC Results, and UFC Blog Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighting styles can be a mixture of any combative discipline, but some of the prominent types of MMA fighting styles that have helped make it what it is today include:
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The guard position and many of the various submission holds, including joint locks, chokes, and compression locks, come from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
- Collegiate wrestling. Clinches and takedowns entered the MMA repertoire thanks to collegiate wrestling.
- Judo. The hip toss and other throws are judo’s gift to MMA.
- Muay Thai. Kicks, as well as knee-and-elbow moves, in MMA are attributed to Muay Thai. Muay Thai is referred to as "The Art of Eight Limbs," as the hands, shins, elbows and knees are all used extensively.
- Submission wrestling. Position flows and submission combinations, such as the head and arm hold and various mounts, come from submission wrestling.
- Western boxing. The strikes used in MMA (jab, uppercut, cross, and hook) may look familiar if you’ve ever watched a traditional western boxing match.
Ultimate Fighting Championship, Ultimate Fighting, MMA, Mixed Martial Arts, ufc, UFC rumors, Ronda Rousey, georges st-pierre, Jon Jones, Dana White, Anderson Silva, Alistair Overeem, BJ Penn