Pocket Speed Gun, Free
100 - 500 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
* Live: In Live mode, you simply use the app as a stopwatch. Enter the distance traveled during that time, and it tells you the speed. This mode is great for quick estimates when exact timing is not crucial, such as a foot race, or a full lap of a car race.
* Two Frame: The principle here is the same as in Live mode, but instead you record a video of the moving object. Step through the frames of the video to tell the app exactly when it crossed the start and end points. This mode allows you to take more accurate readings of faster objects.
* Six Point: This mode is only available in the paid version (not this free version). It allows you to measure high speed objects more accurately, and also objects that do not exactly cross the start or end points (such as a baseball pitch or tennis serve, which start above and in front of the mound or service line).
You can customize the units used for both distances and speeds. In the paid version, you can save recordings to perform the measurements, review, or show off later!
The is the free version of a paid app, "Pocket Speed Gun", and contains banner advertisements. It is intended as a way to test that the paid version will work before purchasing it, though it does not expire. However, because of tax concerns, the paid version is only available in the United States.
If you find any bugs or would like to make any suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also inquire if you have any custom software needs.
* If you turn your screen off or otherwise navigate away from the app while on the recording screen, it may change to the home screen when you return with an error saying "Fail to connect to camera service." Assuming no other app is using the camera, you can simply return to the recording screen and things should work normally.
* When using the mp4 recording format, stepping through the frames of a video does not work on some devices. On others it is very slow. There is no intended fix for this issue. Please switch back to the tfv format instead.
* Mp4 frames are sometimes blurred or garbled. Sometimes switching to another frame and back helps. The tfv format does not have this issue.
Keywords: speed, radar, "radar speed gun", "speed gun", "radar gun", "baseball pitch speed", "pitch speed", "tennis serve speed", "serve speed", "pocket speed gun", "pocket radar gun", "speed calculator"
* Minor fixes and user interface changes.
* Bug fix in the settings screen.
* Video can be recorded in tfv format, the new default. It should work on more devices than the old format.
* Scrolling between frames should be much smoother for videos recorded in tfv format.
* Settings are available to balance recording framerate vs. quality.
* Fling gestures now work to pan across frames of a video when zoomed in.