RallyGDP (TSD Rally Computer)
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Gaurav D Patel
RallyGDP is a TSD (Time-Distance-Speed Format) Rally Computer/Calculator for use in time trial, special stage, regulatory, TSD, historic and vintage Motor Sport Rallies.
In these Rallies, organizers provide SpeedChart, Tulip (RoadBook) and at times GPX to be uploaded into a GPS. This app uses data from all the three sources and calculates the Ideal Time/Distance to be travelled accordingly. It uses the phone's/tab's GPS unit to achieve the same. (App has an option to run with a GPX or Without GPX)
Maps (Google and Offline) are an integral part of the app. Thus, the navigator has a wealth of information on the screen and can focus on other matters in the rally. No need for continous calculations based on RoadBook entries/car ODO. The navigator is also clear about his/her location due to Google maps available on the screen. No need for that expensive GPS unit.
The app has been developed keeping in mind the vital seconds that the navigator/driver try to cut during a typical TSD rally.
User has option to select Distance unit - KiloMeters/Miles
1. Upload GPX and display waypoints/tracks. ( Save the GPX in the RallyGDP/RallyGPX folder of SDCard ) .
2. ODO Correction at all the waypoints where the user has entered valid waypoint ODO values as per the tulip.
3. Unlimited number of SpeedChart Stages.
4. Continous Update of Time and Distance (The navigator is free from these calculations) so that the team is on time every time - and not just on Tulip Points. The team knows how many seconds/meters they are ahead OR late at that particular moment.
5. Option to automatic reset of odometer at waypoint as per the entry that the user made.
6. 'W' (Odometer) Correction factor.
7. Automatic calculation of TC Restart time as per the option selected.
8. Entry of Speed Chart in km(miles)/hr and mm.ss.
9. Automatic Penalty calculations.
10. Create GPX of the track followed.
11. Option to use varoius maps. (Offline maps supported also -Create Offline atlas using MOBAC in .mbtiles format and store it as rallygdp.mbtiles in RallyGDP folder.)
12. Entries of SpeedChart and WayPoints can be made during the rally.
13. RallyGDP Driver's Console support via BlueTooth - use a seperate device to display driver specific data.
14. Audible Alarm/Text to speech synthesis at waypoints and speed chart changes to alert the team.
15. App tested in Desert Storm, Uttrakhand Rally, Mughal Rally, Raid De Himalaya, Sagar-SXR, etc. - Major Rallies in India.
16. Ability to block incoming calls with SMS feedback.
In short, all the expensive gadgets being used by those professional teams/navigators are made redundant by this application. Even your old phone/tab can perform all the functions that these gadgets do. Just make sure that the gps unit is functional and has good accuracy....
And yes.........Drive Safely and enjoy the Rally.
Important: RallyGDP uses the subscription feature to unlock its features. Locked version works for only about 20kms/miles. Once subscribed, all the features are unlocked till the subscription period is active.
Disclaimer: Test the app and Unlock the features if satisfied with the results displayed on Dashboard. Mail the developer for feature requests.
Tags: trippy 11 rally computer, tsd rally computer.
DashBoard can now be configured into split screens....Less confusion in visualizing the data.
Custom KeyBoard added...entries of SpeedChart and RoadBook are less prone to error
Dash Display help upgraded to context specific popups...
Context based help added...
Ability to add an overlay of GPX on map...useful in rallies where the Waypoints provided in GPX do not necessarily match with the RoadBook entries.
RallyGDP can now automatically navigate to the next instruction based on current odometer.