Scores Widget is now completely FREE. Just make sure to uninstall any old versions before installing version 3.0.
If you enjoy the widget, please support us by giving a good rating. This will help keep it going.
Scores Widget is NOT affiliated with, endorsed, or sponsored by any of the professional sports teams or leagues used within the app.
- Scores Widget is now completely FREE. Just make sure to uninstall any old versions before installing version 3.0.
- Supports the following leagues: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NCAA Football, Men’s NCAA Basketball, Women’s NCAA Basketball, WNBA, CFL, and MLS.
- Reliably displays the latest scores for your favorite teams. If an update fails because there is no network connectivity, it will immediately update the next time a connection is established.
- Fully customizable.
- Speaks game started, score updates, and game finished events so you don’t need to constantly check your phone for updates.
- There is a single resizable widget for Android 3.1 and above.
- There are 8 widget sizes (4x4, 4x3, 4x2, 4x1, 3x4, 3x3, 3x2, and 3x1) for Android 3.0 and below.
- Each widget instance has its own set of teams and display settings. This allows you to place different sports and teams on multiple widgets to keep them separated.
- If you are only seeing the Scores Widget icon that displays settings when clicked, you have not added the actual widget to your home screen. Search Google, https://www.google.com/search?q=android+how+add+widgets+home+screen, to find instructions on how to do so.
- MLB Team Logos have been removed from the widget at the request of Major League Baseball.
- Only enable scrolling if you are using a scrollable Launcher such as LauncherPro, ADW.Launcher, or GO Launcher EX. If the widget it blank, disable scrolling to see if that solves the problem.
- Speech will only work if you have a text-to-speech engine installed. You must also enable speech and select your speech teams before this feature will work.
- If the widget is blank and not responding to any presses after a software update, please remove the widget from your home screen and re-add. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.
- INTERNET: Needed to retrieve the score updates and download the supported teams.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Needed to auto update when a network connection has been established.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed to cache the supported teams list and to write a log file if the Enable Log File setting has been enabled.
FEEDBACK OR BUGS:
If you have any feedback or want to report a bug, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
I also urge you to send an email if you are having any problems with your teams. I will make sure they get fixed as soon as possible.
Recently changed in this version:
Fixed bug where game would speak updates multiple times if it was displayed on different widget instances.
Fixed a bug where widgets with no teams selected would show "No Games Found" instead of "No Teams Selected".
Fixed a couple minor bugs in team selection settings.
The "Teams to Display" setting now shows currently selected teams in the description.
Multiple widget instances now allowed.
MLB Team Logos have been removed from the widget at the request of Major League Baseball.