The Snowbird App from Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort, is an insider’s tool to keep you “deep in the know” of what’s going on at Snowbird, whether you are planning a future day on the mountain or you are already there. The SNOW tab gives you live feeds of on-mountain data such as snowfall, snow depth, number of open lifts & trails, and live weather forecasts. A twitter feed from the mountain gives you realtime updates straight from The Bird. You also get web feeds from on-mountain cameras. The GO tab has trail maps, current road conditions, and directions to Snowbird from your current location. The SHOW tab allows you to view a slideshow of the current community photostream, and even contribute your own images to the Snowbird Photo Of The Day stream by choosing an existing image from the Gallery.
1. Snowfall totals from the last 12 hours and last 24 hours. Year-to-date snowfall and base depth totals. Current number of open lifts and trails.
2. Live weather feeds for Snowbird including multi-day forecasts, Live Doppler Radar, and curent Wasatch Mountains avalanche forecast info.
3. Live Twitter feed straight from the mountain.
4. Feeds to on-mountain web cameras, showing current views from the mountain.
5. Realtime Little Cottonwood Canyon road open/closed status.
6. Pinch and zoom trail maps of the main mountain and Mineral Basin area.
7. Slideshow of Snowbird’s Community photostream. Use your device’s camera to take your own photos and upload from your device’s Gallery and contribute your images to the stream.
8. A Ski Days Counter that allows you to keep track of your season-long days on the mountain.
9. Quick links to dial-up a whole bunch of handy phone numbers when you are at the mountain.
Tags: snobrix , is there a snowbird