The Alps Ski Resort & Rail Map
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your listsTweets por @Appszoom
The map charts the position of over 440 resorts across the Alps from Lyon to Ljubljana, and Milan to Munich. The app is effectively a digital version of the paper map, which was first released for the 2011 season, but with several additional features, including:
· the routes of more than 15 overnight trains to the Alps from countries across the continent to help skiers travel in style from destinations as far afield as London, Rome, Prague, Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Moscow (verified by the Man in Seat 61)
· a total of 130 rail-served resorts uncovered by the SkiRail Map research team from Swiss slopes within an hour train’s ride of Zurich, to Italian resorts just an hour from the coast
· the position of 25 airports in, or near, the Alps, highlighting the ones with their own railway station for a seamless connection with the local rail network
· the addition of over 50 railway stations in the Alps to help ski-rail passengers orientate themselves as they travel through the mountains
· grid references for all 130 rail-served resorts to enable destinations to be found quickly and easily
· a number of unusual, non rail-served destinations such as Liechtensteins’s only ski resort (Malbun, and Gréolieres Les Neige in Provence (just 20 kms from the Mediterranean with views across to Corsica)
A wide range of skiing data is provided on resorts accessible by rail including the extent of downhill and cross-country skiing available, altitude, vertical drop, difficulty of skiing, and journey times by rail to the nearest city.
Intrepid skiers will now be able to plan their relaxing, low-carbon adventures from their smartphones, and benefit from train travel, the most enjoyable form of mountain transport other than skiing itself.
The original SkiRail Map of the Alps is on sale from Roger Lascelles (Maps) Ltd and from most good bookstores, and is available both as a handy folded map and wall map. The folded map comes with an accompanying 40-page factfile giving more information on skiing by train and the various resorts. Purchasers of the Android App can now receive a 25% discount on the folded map. For more information, please visit http://www.rogerlascellesmaps.co.uk/Map.aspx?of=Ski_Rail_Map_Special_Offer
WHAT OUR REVIEWERS SAY ABOUT THE SKIRAIL MAP OF THE ALPS...
'A much better option than trying to make sense of the various rail networks’ websites' Chamonet.com
'An interesting and helpful start to your rail experience' Where to Ski and Snowboard (website)
'For less than a tenner it puts everything you need in one handy package. And if you’re planning a big ski rail trip this winter, it’s indispensable. Verdict – excellent if you fancy a rail jaunt. Useful even if not as it maps out all resorts, how they are linked, and how to get there.' Fall-line Skiing issue 95
'This map enables you to understand where resorts are – and plan exciting journeys to reach them. I love it!'Responsible Skiing
Simon Calder’s ‘Travel tip of the week’ The Independent - January 2011
'A map showing the key rail routes to the main Alpine resorts – a terrific idea' The Man in Seat 61 - International Rail Expert
‘Green-minded skiers and boarders should get their hands on this map’ Green Magazine
‘Great news for anyone who’s been thinking of train travel as a way of reducing their carbon emissions’ Natives
Tags: map of the alps, alps ski resorts map, alps wall map, netskimapy.