WHAT IS UBIKE?
The uBike app can listen to ANT+ cycling sensors, displays the data beautifully on your Android phone (with graphs, multiple screens, etc). Moreover, you can also view your training live on our website (www.bikesenses.net) which is very handy for coaches and spectators. Our goal is give you correct data in an understandable way and to make your training more interesting and fun!
uBike is a very intelligent app which can listen to many sensors (ANT+/ Bluetooth) while you cycling, such as:
- Bike Speed Sensor (Bontrager, Timex, etc)
- Bike Cadence Sensor (Garmin, Wahoo, etc)
- Bike Speed Cadence Sensor (Garmin, Wahoo, etc)
- Heart Rate Monitor (e.g. Garmin, Suunto, Wahoo, Zephyr, Adidas, BBB, etc)
- Cycling power meter (SRM, Power2Max, CycleOps, etc)
ABOUT THE PHONE
BroxTech developed an Android app specifically for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Active because the smartphone:
- Is waterproof and dust proof
- Supports ANT+ (Garmin, SRM, etc.)
- Is lightweight and designed for outdoor activities
- Has a handy holder for the handlebars
The application also works fine on other Android 4.0+ telephones using a USB On-The-Go cable and an ANT+ USB stick.
- Easy pairing with Bluetooth and ANT+ sensors
- Real-time graphs while your cycling
- Dynamic display (you can choose what you want to see on you screen)
- Voice feedback, like every 2 minutes your haert rate or anything else you choose
- GPS tracking
- Built in upload to your own account in TrainingPeaks
- Easy exports (PWX-file, GPX-file, SRM-training file, FIT-trainings-file **)
- Live website with dynamic graph
- Email or upload using Dropbox your cycling data to any email address you like
- Email upload to Strava
- English (US)
- Portuguese, thanks to Joao Samora
- Polish, thanks to Kamil Bojanowicz
- French, thanks to Patrick Montanari
- Italian, thanks to Daniele Covino
The release of the ANT+ Radio Service (04.01.00) breaks uBike release 1.4.3 and older. The 1.4.4 uBike and later releases work correctly with this latest update.
New in 1.2
- All attachments in one zipped file
- Work around for GMail not accepting zip files (extension changed to gz)
- Temporary files are deleted when not needed anymore
- Heart rate interval graphs (not exported to files yet)
New in 1.3
- uBike can send Tweet with hyperlink to live map.
- Bicycle profiles; you can now choose a bike instead of tire size only.
- ANT-pairing is bicycle specific
- Link to live map / graph on http://bikesenses.net in the mails you send from uBike
- Continuous Heart Rate Variance. Calculated constantly over the past 2 minutes.
- Improved ANT pairing.
- Support of Portuguese language (many thanks to Joao Samora)
- Support for Zephyr HxM Bluetooth heart rate band
- Altitude calibration
- Many bugs solved
New in 1.3.1
- Solved bug that slowed uBike
- Solved bug that stopped replay of historic data
New in 1.3.4
- Solved bug in large mails
New in 1.4
- New file format: Golden Cheetah CSV file
- Choice of file formats to save and share (settings >> Cloud & Share settings)
- Intervals. Use camera button. Supported in PWX, Golden Cheetah file formats
- Extra options for dimming the screen:
* No dimming
* Screen off after some time, but wave of hand wakes the screen
* Screen off after some time. Handy for jersey usage
- Wind direction when using Kestrel 4500
- Bugs solved in cloud sharing, file saving and improved battery life.
- Some new advanced and experimental options: Settings >> option extra fields:
* Heart rate zones. Showing colors for the zone your heart rate is at
* Heart rate recovery (shown in Heart rate graph when extra fields are on)
* Support for stride sensor
* Crank torque (when using crank power meter)
* Wheel torque (when using wheel power meter)
New in 1.4.2
- Upload to Strava
New in 1.4.8
- Bug fixes for tablets and Suunto Dual
**= FIT files work best with the OSX application Ascent.
Tags: ubike , cycleops apps , ipbike , ipbike heart monitor timex , ipbike supported language , bluetooth pairing code for bontrager heart rate monitor , ipbike screen layout , ubike meter , ipbikes upload to selfloops