WhiteScout Pro for Freerider
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By SCIETREX Scientific Software AG.
is an unique smartphone app, which estimates the risk of triggering an avalanche or slab by skiing down a given route. The app is always positioned to user's present location and this is why it works across Europe. With the help of risk-analysis the danger of the tour is calculated by only one click.
As a result a probabilistic "stop or go"- decision will be displayed. The remaining residual risk is defined by the following formula:
Accepted residual risk = risk potential / precautionary measures
The avalanche bulletin represents hereby the risk potential. The precautionary measures (slope inclination and exposition) are restricting the possibilities for skiing down steep slopes, which deemed to be risky in relation to the avalanche bulletin ratio. The model follows the elementary reduction method described in specialized avalanche literature by mountain guide Werner Munter of Switzerland.
WhiteScout, if used properly and permanently, can reduce todays relationship from 1 death by avalanches per 50'000 ski slopes to 1:100'000 in future.
Tags: whitescout, munter reduktion, lawinen risiko check für freerider.
Version 2.0.1 has included the following improvements:
- extended description in introduction; solutions, if app's correct functioning fails.
- new subbrowser support for external avalanche bulletins website
- When you enter the actual avalanche hazard level, the international hazard icon is indicated.
- new graphs, which show the elevation of route, the slope gradient and exposition of route.
- Acceleration when starting the map.