3DMark - The Gamer's Benchmark
100,000 - 500,000 downloads
- One of the most popular benchmark apps
- Device channel to compare results with other devices
- Share your score
- Device Specs
- Two different stress tests.
- Specs for running it are too high
3DMark is one of the most popular device's performance test
Benchmark apps run multiple performance test in order to give a score to the device where it is run and compare it with other devices. Benchmark results aren't dogma. There are lot of them, which means different scoring system and different outcomes. Guaranteed debate. Anyway, they provide a guide to know the state of the market. 3DMark is one of the most popular and, actually, one of the most reliable (it has become the more standard benchmarking tool). However, if you own a low-end device, just forget it. The requirements are quite high: Android 3.1 or later, 1GB RAM, OpenGL 2.0 compatible graphics and a 300MB storage. I could run it on a rooted Galaxy S I9000 though, but it took its time (not the Ice Storm Extreme test).
3DMark carries out different graphics and physics stress tests and gives a score to your device based on its performance. From there, you can share the score, check "device channel" where your device is listed with similar-result devices to compare to and review "results details & comparison" with specific results for its tests. Likewise, you can check your device specs and see which devices are top regarding 3Dmark benchmark results.
If you care about performance test, this is one of the best you can get.
Use 3DMark to test the performance of your smartphone or tablet, then see how it compares with other Android and iOS devices. You can even compare your Android benchmark test scores with tablets running Windows or Windows RT.
- The world's most popular benchmark test, now available on Android.
- Compatible with more than 1,000 different Android devices.
- Compare the fastest Android, iOS, Windows and Windows RT devices.
- 100% free. No ads. No restrictions.
3DMark is used by millions of people, hundreds of hardware review sites and many of the world's leading technology companies. It's the industry standard benchmark for graphics performance measurement, a professional level diagnostic tool now available to everyone for free!
Use 3DMark Ice Storm for device-to-device comparisons of mainstream mobile devices. Ice Storm is an OpenGL ES 2.0 benchmark test that uses fixed off-screen rendering at 720p then scales the output to fit the native display resolution of your device. Ice Storm includes two graphics tests designed to stress the GPU performance of your device and a physics test to stress its CPU performance.
Use 3DMark Ice Storm Extreme for device-to-device comparisons of high performance mobile devices. Ice Storm Extreme raises the off-screen rendering resolution to 1080p and uses higher quality textures and post-processing effects in the graphics tests to create a more demanding load for the latest smartphones and tablets.
Use 3DMark Ice Storm Unlimited for chip-to-chip comparisons of the hardware inside your device without vertical sync, display resolution scaling and other operating system factors affecting the result. In Unlimited mode the rendering engine uses a fixed time step between frames and renders exactly the same frames in every run on every device. The frames are rendered in 720p resolution "offscreen" while the display is updated with small frame thumbnails every 100 frames to show progress.
Technical guide to 3DMark benchmark tests:
OS: Android 3.1 or later
Memory: 1 GB (1024 MB)
Graphics: OpenGL ES 2.0 compatible
Storage: 155 MB
This app is for non-commercial use only:
- Business users should contact email@example.com for licensing.
- Members of the press please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Models with suspicious benchmark scores have been delisted from the Device Channel.
- You should not use scores from delisted models to compare devices.
- For more details, please visit: http://bit.ly/3dmark-rules
DEVICE CHANNEL IMPROVEMENTS
- Compare your scores with Windows 8 tablets.
- Devices are colour-coded by OS.
- You can filter scores by OS.
- Improved compatibility with the latest NVIDIA hardware.
- Improved compatibility with some Samsung Galaxy S3 models.
- Hnr R. Downloaded 3d ago
- Rebeca S. Downloaded 4d ago
- Subhan A. Downloaded Dec 1, 2013
- Вадим Downloaded Nov 30, 2013
- Öztürk E. Downloaded Nov 28, 2013
- arm666 Downloaded Nov 17, 2013
- Imasdpruebas Downloaded Nov 8, 2013
- Attila H. Downloaded Oct 14, 2013
- Yosairalarez@hotmail.com Downloaded Jul 29, 2013
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Emmanuel Lund.
They don't cheat on benchmark at least.
I have a Samsung gs3. Every time I try ice storm, it runs the test but when it finishes it crashes. No results are ever displayed. So what's the point this?
Awesome app all you juvenile adults stop cheating!!
Excellent app for GPU PERFORMANCE
I think you guy have done a great job. Those cheaters must pay for this shameful cheating. If you're confident with your device, you don't have to do anything on it. Be true to youself!
Delisting those cheating devices was a hard step and decision, but an honest one! Your purpose is to show people the potential (power) of their device and you did that right and fair. People complaining about their device being delisted and blaming you in
Good job Futuremark! Great to see you guys finally taking action against cheating. The app is great, it runs the tests it needs and now finally ranks your phone fairly against others. Let's hope more benchmarking companies take action too.