3G Watchdog Pro
50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Highly configurable
- Daily and global consumption history
- Status bar icon
- Data usage table (today, week, month)
- Extra Pro features: history graphs, widgets, exporting...
- We didn't find any, did you?
3G Watchdog is a data usage counter for your 3G/Edge/GPRS connection
This is the paid version of 3G Watchdog. It contains some extra features as: Advanced data usage prediction, graphs for usage history and CSV export, 5 widget styles, backup/restore... among many other.
We all have some limits in our data plan, either by fares or speed limit. This way you control the amount of data usage every time you check it to adjust it to your allowed monthly consumption.
First time you install it, you have to set your data plan details. This means: the allowed amount of data allowed (in bytes, KB, MB or GB), and the period (per day, week or month). What's more, you can set from there the warnings: notifications when we overtake a determined % of data usage, auto-disabling 3G when you reach that amount of data usage via APNdroid or JuiceDefender and auto-enabling when it comes back down that limit. Likewise you can choose the updating frequency for notifications and if you want the notification icon always visible, always hidden or just visible when 3G is enabled. Finally, you can set what to show on the counter table.
In that counter table will be displayed the total allowed data usage, today's, week's and month's usage as well as amount received and sent. There's a daily and a global consumption history. There's on the top a data usage bar that will help you out to see at a glance how's your consumption going.
3G Watchdog has been developed by an individual developer called Richard Gruet. He has no more apps on market, but he has achieved that 3G Watchdog becomes in a must have for many users.
Actually, we also regard 3G Watchdog a must have. Of course you can live without it, but if you want to have a comprehensive control over your data usage (and that matters since it could increase your phone invoice or decrease your connection speed), this is one of the best monitoring tool you can get.
* Mobile, roaming & WiFi usage counting
* Advanced data usage prediction
* Billing rules (counts in blocks, ignores uploads, exclude apps, exclude time periods, do not count 2G or 4G)
* Usage history with graph & CSV export
* Usage by application (Android 2.2+, unavailable on Dell Streak)
* NEW! Real Time traffic graphs (local, roaming and WiFi)
* Alerts & optional auto-disable of mobile network
* Data usage widget (2 sizes / 5 styles). Mobile network enable/disable widget.
* Backup/restore with optional auto-backup
* Redesigned "Holo" user interface
* Account per SIM with auto switch (requires a phone with a SIM - WARNING! may not work well with dual-SIM phones).
* Import settings & data from 3GW free (don't uninstall 3GW free before importing!)
* ... and more!
Translated in Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lituanian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Turkish, more on the way.
*** ANDROID 4.3 users: Usage by application breakdown NOT WORKING (Android bug) with 3GW < 1.22.2, PLEASE UPGRADE to version 1.22.2 (or more recent) which fixes the problem ***
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself. You may try to check the "Calculate global usage from usage by app" advanced option as a possible workaround (feedback welcome).
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide. Same workaround as for the Galaxy Tab (see above).
* Early versions of 3GW Pro reported as not working on ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco (black screen).
If you run into problems and wish to help to solve the problem while giving the community a chance to get a better 3GW Pro, please send a mail to email@example.com with details.
3GW Pro can't possibly work perfectly on all possible phone models (more than 2000 target devices) with all Android stock or custom versions + all manufacturers' custom layers (such as HTC Sense) + all carriers' custom layers + all combinations of installed applications, so please be understanding and collaborative rather than just angry if everything is not immediately perfect. Thank you.
-> See the FAQ at http://www.3gwatchdog.fr/en/faq
KEYWORDS: Network data traffic counter monitor 2G 3G 4G GPRS Edge Mobile local roaming WiFi statistics prediction control
1.24.3: Fixed problem introduced on 1.24.2 on some devices / languages. ** Please UPDATE! **
* Updated Russian translation (completed - but not revised).
* Fixed Chinese translations not available on Android 4.4.
* Stability fixes
==> See http://3gwatchdog.fr/the-dogs-blog/223-pro-1-24-2
I have enabled the WiFi Tethering on my phone and consumed around 150 MB (connected my laptop to WiFI hotspot). But 3GW was showing total data usage by app "Wifi Hotspot" was around 1.9 GB !!! :-(
Please fix when I hit open button app doesn't open...........thank you I just tried reinstalling it
Using the free version for 3 years now, and even though my phone has its own data counting app, i had to buy this one. One of the few apps that's worth buying.
Pro version on HTC One. Very handy application but under usage by application, WiFi tethering is out by a factor of about 1000. Distorts the figures somewhat! Still worth 5 stars though.
The app is not worth buying as it seems the guys haven't updated this app. As it does not kill the apps on the phone working in the back ground.