3G Watchdog - Data Usage
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Highly configurable
- Daily and global consumption history
- Status bar icon
- Data usage table (daily, weekly, monthly)
- We didn't find any... Did you?
3G Watchdog is a data usage counter for your 3G/Edge/GPRS connection
We all have some limits in our data plan, in the form of tariffs or speed. With this app you can control the amount of data usage every time you check it and adjust it stay within your monthly consumption limit.
The first time you install the app, you have to indicate your data plan details. This means the amount of data allowed (in bytes, KB, MB or GB) and the period (per day, week or month). You can also configure warnings here: notifications when we go over a determined % of data usage, auto-disabling 3G when you reach that amount of data usage via APNdroid or JuiceDefender and auto-enabling when it comes back down that limit. Likewise, you can choose the updating frequency for notifications and if you want the notification icon to be always visible, always hidden or just visible when 3G is enabled. Finally, you can choose what to show on the counter table.
The counter table will show the total allowed data usage, your daily, weekly and monthly usage, as well as the amount received and sent. There's also a daily and a global consumption history and at the top there’s a data usage bar that lets you see at a glance how your consumption is going. It also includes two widgets (small and large).
3G Watchdog was created by an individual developer called Richard Gruet. He has no other apps on market, but his 3G Watchdog has become a must-have for many users.
We also regard 3G Watchdog as must-have. Of course, you can live without it, but if you want to have comprehensive control over your data usage (and this is important if you want to avoid increasing bills or decrease your connection speed), this is one of the best monitoring tools you can get.
* Counts your Mobile (4G / 3G / Edge / GPRS) & WiFi usage and displays it as graph, text, and table.
* Shows your current usage status as a notification icon (green/orange/red) in the status bar.
* Plan & day usage history with CSV export/import.
* Alerts & optional auto-disable of mobile network
* Data usage widget (2 sizes). Mobile network disable/enable widget (Android 2.3 - 4.4).
* Real Time traffic graphs (Mobile and WiFi)
Translated in over 20 languages.
- Should NOT be installed on SD card!
* Doesn't count properly usage on Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A (SM-G906S and SM-G901F) with Android 5.0 Lollipop. Please contact us if you want to help to fix this problem.
* On Android 5.0+ the "Disable mobile network" function does not work (the mobile data switch widget and the auto-disable feature are both affected). This is because on Lollipop the enable/disable function is no longer accessible to third-party apps.
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself.
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide.
* HTC Velocity 4G and HTC Vivid on ICS: be sure to CHECK the "Use pre-froyo.." option in 3GW Settings > Advanced, or mobile usage won't be counted.
If you run into problems and wish to help to solve the problem while giving the community a chance to get a better 3GW, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
-> See the FAQ at http://www.3gwatchdog.fr/en/faq
* Optional workaround (ROOTED devices only) to get mobile network disabling to work again on Lollipop+ after Google made the function inaccessible to 3rd party apps - NOT tested on all devices, please report at email@example.com if it doesn't work for you!
* New option (in Settings / Alerts) to hide 3GW notifications on secure lock screens [Lollipop+ only].
* Stability fixes; Android 5.0 Lollipop support for various devices.
==> See: http://3gwatchdog.fr/the-dogs-blog/229-free-0-41-0
Great. Very accurate.
Works really well. Just love this. Recommended
Have used this app for years and it all went wrong with the last Android update. Now it counts wifi data as 3g data. Fix this issue and you will have 5stars again
Downloaded this hoping to catch the culprit using my bandwidth, but the real-time monitor only stays active 5 min after I turn my phone off. It shows total usage overall and will give a brief synopsis of a program that does show up while active, but in general it told me nothing I didn't know from default Android apps.
Post keeps getting deleted by developers, shame on you, I'll keep posting. Lollipop update broke the app. My samsung galaxy s5 LTE-A keeps counting up data, even when my phone is idle on Wifi. Use pre froyo option doesnt work either. the data wont count up in that option. Waited long enough for the developers to fix the app which I paid for. Now I have to resort to a FREE apps that actually w
I've had this app on multiple devices for years and it works. No complicated crap, just here is what you used and what you have left. Can be more complex if you go into it. Techy boyfriend loves that stuff. But its great if you just don't want to go over your data limit.