10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Highly configurable
- Daily and global consumption history
- Status bar icon
- Data usage table (daily, weekly, monthly)
- We didn't find any... Did you?
3G Watchdog is a data usage counter for your 3G/Edge/GPRS connection
We all have some limits in our data plan, in the form of tariffs or speed. With this app you can control the amount of data usage every time you check it and adjust it stay within your monthly consumption limit.
The first time you install the app, you have to indicate your data plan details. This means the amount of data allowed (in bytes, KB, MB or GB) and the period (per day, week or month). You can also configure warnings here: notifications when we go over a determined % of data usage, auto-disabling 3G when you reach that amount of data usage via APNdroid or JuiceDefender and auto-enabling when it comes back down that limit. Likewise, you can choose the updating frequency for notifications and if you want the notification icon to be always visible, always hidden or just visible when 3G is enabled. Finally, you can choose what to show on the counter table.
The counter table will show the total allowed data usage, your daily, weekly and monthly usage, as well as the amount received and sent. There's also a daily and a global consumption history and at the top there’s a data usage bar that lets you see at a glance how your consumption is going. It also includes two widgets (small and large).
3G Watchdog was created by an individual developer called Richard Gruet. He has no other apps on market, but his 3G Watchdog has become a must-have for many users.
We also regard 3G Watchdog as must-have. Of course, you can live without it, but if you want to have comprehensive control over your data usage (and this is important if you want to avoid increasing bills or decrease your connection speed), this is one of the best monitoring tools you can get.
- Should NOT be installed on SD card (run as service)
- DO NOT USE version 0.30.0, please UPGRADE to 0.30.1 or greater!
* KNOWN PROBLEMS:
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself.
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide. Same workaround as for the Galaxy Tab (see above).
* HTC Velocity 4G and HTC Vivid on ICS: be sure to CHECK the "Use pre-froyo.." option in 3GW Settings > Advanced, or mobile usage won't be counted.
* [Aug 2011] Crashes reported with Motorola Quench/ CLIQ XT since 0.30.0, please use older versions.
0.40.2: Removed StartApp Ads network.
0.40.1: Fixed network problem on a few devices.
* Real Time Traffic: click on an app shows usage stats, time spent in app, and app information. Requires NEW PERMISSION "retrieve running applications".
* Updated several translations
* Real Time Traffic: should now work better with Cyanogenmod11 (Android 4.4.2) ROM, but please remember: we don't support custom ROMs!
* Stability fixes.
==> See: http://3gwatchdog.fr/the-dogs-blog/226-free-0-40-0
Recommend to all users.
Helpful to keep track of and maintain control of data usage.
Es un buen utilitario para notificar con una mayor precisión mis consumos de datos. Al menos aquí en Perú es muy bueno con estos paquetes tan bajos.
If you don't fancy paying more than you bargained for, this app is useful. Not even a tiny Kb can ever go unnoticed, and on top of that there's traffic plan, i.e. Watchdog tells how much internet out of your total there will be left at the end of the mont
Have never had an issue and usage numbers are always right in line with my phone. Also love being able to control my internet access with one click.....Love it!! Galaxy S4