5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Highly configurable
- Daily and global consumption history
- Status bar icon
- Data usage table (daily, weekly, monthly)
- We didn't find any... Did you?
We all have some limits in our data plan, in the form of tariffs or speed. With this app you can control the amount of data usage every time you check it and adjust it stay within your monthly consumption limit.
The first time you install the app, you have to indicate your data plan details. This means the amount of data allowed (in bytes, KB, MB or GB) and the period (per day, week or month). You can also configure warnings here: notifications when we go over a determined % of data usage, auto-disabling 3G when you reach that amount of data usage via APNdroid or JuiceDefender and auto-enabling when it comes back down that limit. Likewise, you can choose the updating frequency for notifications and if you want the notification icon to be always visible, always hidden or just visible when 3G is enabled. Finally, you can choose what to show on the counter table.
The counter table will show the total allowed data usage, your daily, weekly and monthly usage, as well as the amount received and sent. There's also a daily and a global consumption history and at the top there’s a data usage bar that lets you see at a glance how your consumption is going. It also includes two widgets (small and large).
3G Watchdog was created by an individual developer called Richard Gruet. He has no other apps on market, but his 3G Watchdog has become a must-have for many users.
We also regard 3G Watchdog as must-have. Of course, you can live without it, but if you want to have comprehensive control over your data usage (and this is important if you want to avoid increasing bills or decrease your connection speed), this is one of the best monitoring tools you can get.
- Should NOT be installed on SD card (run as service)
- DO NOT USE version 0.30.0, please UPGRADE to 0.30.1 or greater!
* KNOWN PROBLEMS:
* Doesn't count properly global usage on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and 8.9 - this problem affects other data counting applications as well and is caused by a bug on the tablet itself.
* Doesn't count properly global mobile usage on Samsung Galaxy R / Z (i9103) and possibly Galaxy Y. Problems were also reported with the Captivate Glide. Same workaround as for the Galaxy Tab (see above).
* HTC Velocity 4G and HTC Vivid on ICS: be sure to CHECK the "Use pre-froyo.." option in 3GW Settings > Advanced, or mobile usage won't be counted.
* [Aug 2011] Crashes reported with Motorola Quench/ CLIQ XT since 0.30.0, please use older versions.
Recently changed in this version:
* Lithuanian translation (thanks to Raimondas Šaparavičius).
* Device support: Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 C, and S5839i on Android 2.3.
Last activity on 3G Watchdog
- jha2 Downloaded 4d ago
- Magda00 Downloaded May 13, 2013
- fischer81 Downloaded May 10, 2013
- psarkar.siliguri Downloaded May 8, 2013
- soulmazter x Downloaded May 5, 2013
- ginopollino Downloaded May 3, 2013
- murugesh.mm4 Downloaded Apr 30, 2013
- chuks3 Downloaded Apr 29, 2013
- chaveluverito Downloaded Apr 28, 2013
Lists with: 3G Watchdog
Comments and ratings for 3G Watchdog
This was the first app I ever downloaded and I Love it. Keeps my data use under control ... no nasty extra costs every month. Love the dog !! Samsung Galaxy Y it's very accurate.
It used to be great but now severely underreports my data usage when compared to at&t. Not sure if due to updates, phone, or OS version. Important to be accurate as I have a low data plan. Uninstalling.
Does what I need
The app does not show any data goes through Wi-Fi although I have it on all the time!? For now it is not a big deal for me but it may be later. OK, I look at Pro version and description explicitly mentioned Wi-Fi usage. I guess, free version just does not
This is fantastic.ive had this for a year now and it is ace.i work for o2 and i promote 3g watch dog on a daily basis.