Active apps is designed as a replacement for the Samsung Task Manager / Program monitor in touchwiz launcher that comes with Samsung Android Phone. It monitor an unusual activity that consumes battery or tracking the application that has been put on standby mode. This is important because some application might not be coded properly. Therefore, even though it has been put on standby mode (Pressing Home) they are still running, eating CPU and hence your device's battery. E.q. browser and gallery apps in the Early Galaxy Tab rom even though it's closed or stand by, it's still consuming battery. However, the scenario is not limited to only Samsung Galaxy tab. Generally, it applies to all android phone.
How does it differ from other task manager?
Unlike other task managers, which shows irrelevant applications, Active apps is simple. It only shows programs that have tasks running and possibly consuming CPU. Therefore at one glance you can decide what to do.
- Tracking application that has been put on standby and running (I called them Active Apps).
- Easy Switch tasks for Active Application from Main Application or Widget
- Widget to show Number of Active Applications running which may consume CPUs/Battery
- Provide package manager to manage your installed application(Faster than stock Application Manager).
- Provide views of Ram, Apps that using RAM and free ram function.
- Provide view of Storage both internal SD and external SD, data and database.
- Provide theme capability - More theme coming soon -
- Provide UI Customization. You can mix and match color to find your desire look.
- Provide 1x1, 1x2 Active Application widget and 1x1, 1x2 Active Ram widget with stylish and beautiful pop up style.
- Provide a flexible customization on many areas of the application and widgets.
Featured on Xda-Developers: http://www.xda-developers.com/android/samsung-active-apps-widget-for-android/
Review from www.dailyappnews.com:
"This Android app with all its awesomeness is available for download on Market. But it costs you SGD $2 to purchase. Trust me that its price is really worth it and the features are more than what you can get for SGD $2."
If you have any issues or questions pertaining to the application, instead of posting in the comments, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can reply you.
- Notification and Widget Enhancer
- Additional info on Summary Page
Changes in v1.3.5
- Switching pages is now much more smoother
- Adding help files on changing widget theme.
- Fix default Active Apps Widget color not matching.
- Change the default widget size from 10dip to 13dip as it's too small.
Changes in v1.3.4
- Remove Scheduler to refresh ram in Ram Manager Page as it's not necessary to refresh.
It also fix the issue of error on Pressing Ram Apps.
- Fix Widget1x1 Pop up Launcher not switching
- Reduce the Widget Text Size from 14dip to 10dip as the default is too big.
- Updated Help Files
- Fix Problems with Control Panel on Widget 1x1
Changes in v1.3.3
- Tweak the performance of the man application.
Changes in v1.3.2.
- Adding a super user kill
- Adding Help File
- Adding menu for super user kill and Switch on Active Apps Page (Long press on Application to bring up the menu)
Hope you guys like this release. :)
Tags: active apps manager , active apps , active apps task manager , active apps manager samsung , active applications , active applications widget , active apps / task manager
from 106 reviews