1,000,000 - 5,000,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Dominik Schürmann
AdAway is an open source ad blocker for Android using the hosts file.
To all users with Galaxy Note Android 4 stock rom:
The stock rom ships with a broken toolbox, which prevents AdAway from working.
• Read/Write access on system partition
• Information can be found in in-app Help screen.
• If you have other problems please report them in the issue tracker on http://code.google.com/p/ad-away/issues
Website with Source code and Issue Tracker
Help translate AdAway on https://www.transifex.net/projects/p/adaway
You can donate money to support the development in-app.
• Root access: To write hosts file to system partition
• Internet access: To download hosts files
• Modify/delete SD card content: To export lists to SD card
• Wakelock: Wake up phone when AdAway updates in background
• Google Play Billing: To donate via Google Play Store
adblock, adblocker, ad blocker, advertisments, advertisment blocker
Open source alternative to
adfree, ad free, AdBlocker, AD blocker, MyInternetSecurity Pro
Tags: adaway, adaway apk, ad away, adaway.apk, adfree vs adaway, ad away apk, adaway host, galaxy nexus adaway, adaway web server, adaway host sources.
Please report bugs on the following website instead of writing bad reviews:
* Introduce SUPERUSER permission for new Superuser app
* Allow backups of AdAway (for Carbon)
* Logo reworked thanks to Alin Ţoţea-Radu
* Allow whitelist entries from hosts sources if enabled in preferences
- Fixed missing menu entry for hosts sources on tablets
- Webserver on boot should work more reliable
- Webserver should not be killed on low memory