Advanced File Manager with FTP
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
Despite its modern design, it is usable all the way down to 4-year old Android 1.6, in fact you can use it on any device running Android 1.6 or later all the way to newest Jelly Bean and even farther into the future.
This grew out a very simple need for myself; to copy a file from one card to another card, using one standard Android phone with one slot; surprisingly it wasn't covered by the file management apps I already have downloaded, and to my knowledge such simple tool can be written faster than finding a capable app. So that was what I did in few minutes, afterwards I expanded to a much more complex general use that you can see now.
App is Ad-supported, that requires use of network, but running without network is also supported. But the real big use of network is accessing FTP server. All operations are supported, please note regular commercial FTP servers usually impose Permissions by default, unlike throw-away mobile servers.
Inspired by old Windows 3.1, I added one feature that as far as I know was never seen anywhere afterwards, although I elected to not implement it to cover directories only per-file basis: copy-and-paste files in batches of multiple files.
Features of this app are:
- copying (multiple files under one directory).
- paste (arbitrary multiple files).
- delete file.
- delete directories (empty or otherwise).
- rename file/directory.
- compressing or extracting Zips.
- FTP access.
- dual-pane dual page operation.
- open (Run...) a file using appropriate app.
- navigate all file systems (Root needs caution).
- simple interface and icons for known files.
- viewing text/xml/html files.
- sorting the file list.
If you wish for some extra feature like copying directory please sound off here in Google Play/Android Market. Please limit yourself to English or Chinese, or other Babelfish-translatable languages.
- fixes HTML Viewer to not compete with standard Browser.
- fixes mop up disconnect so it does not App Faults at exit.
- blocks attempt to copy/download into a read-only directory.
- friendlier SmartTV/keypad access (use left/right keys instead of trying to focus on those little arrows)
- added FTP access.
- UI enhancement matching versions of Android.
- SmartTV/keypad friendly.
- another fix to orientation.
- compressing/extracting Zip.
- registers helper viewers to the device system.