Advanced Wifi Lock
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
This app forces wifi to stay connected when the screen is turned off and should work on all devices (phone or tablet).
Free version is available, it is advised you try it first to confirm the app works fully on your device.
Extra features included in this (full) version:
+ Widget to quickly enable/disable
+ Customisable timeout
+ Option to ignore timeout when device is charging
+ Fully customisable 'Auto Disable Grace Period'
• Stops wifi disconnecting when screen is turned off
• Optional timeout so you don't accidentally leave the phone awake for too long
• Ability to automatically disable wifi if you get disconnected from your wireless Access point (e.g. out of range)
• No ads!
Confirmed working on the ZTE Blade/Orange San Francisco, Sony Tablet S, Samsung Galaxy Ace (check comments for other devices)
Please Note: This app uses a wake-lock to prevent the phone from sleeping, leaving the phone in a wake-state for too long will use excessive battery power.
The Timeout starts from when the screen is turned off, and gets reset when the screen is turned back on.
*EXCLUDE THIS APP FROM ANY AUTOMATIC TASK KILLERS*
*BE SURE TO UN-INSTALL THE FREE VERSION AFTER PURCHASE*
App2sd is disabled because it's not compatible with this type of application.
Tags: advanced wifi lock, wifi lock, adwanced wifi lock, advanced wifi lock full, wifi advanced, wifi padlock icon, andoird wifi lock, wifilock, free advanced wifi lock, advance wifi lock.
• New option: Enable wifi when screen turns on
• Minor UI changes
• New option: Ignore timeout when device is charging
• Foreground service flag is optional (to fix issue with VIZIO tablets)
• Reduced app size by 25% (removed xhdpi icons)
• New feature: Auto Disable Grace Period. Allows wifi to stay enabled for a short period of time after it becomes disconnected (e.g. if you want to jump between hotspots with screen off)
• Minor tweaks