AFV (Android File Verifier)
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By scary alien
* MD5 / SHA1 checksum calculation (also: SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512 algorithms)
* Validation of signed jar-type files (.jar, .apk, .zip); you can use this to verify a signed .zip file even if you don't know the MD5 checksum
* Nandroid backup directory MD5 verification
Excellent tool for root users (but does not require root).
How To Use:
* From the home screen, press the "Select File" button to enter the file-selector
* Top row (folder icon with the green up arrow) always displays the currently selected directory (touch this row to navigate UP one directory level)
* Back key can also be used to navigate UP one directory level (will return to main screen when back key is pressed at the root directory)
* Navigate to other subdirectories by touching a directory row (folder icon)
* Touch screen and drag up and down to scroll through all files and directories in currently selected directory
* Long-press on a file to view the available functions:
- Calc MD5 Checksum
- Calc SHA1 Checksum
- Verify Jar-type file
- Verify Nandroid Backup (long-press nandroid.md5 file to use this function)
- md5sum -c Type Check (operates on any .md5 file)
- Calc SHA224 Checksum
- Calc SHA256 Checksum
- Calc SHA384 Checksum
- Calc SHA512 Checksum
1. Does not require root, but is useful for root users to validate ROMs, signed update.zip-type files, etc.
2. Visit https://sites.google.com/site/scaryalienware/afv
3. Please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any issues, problems, comments, questions, or suggestions regarding this app.
Thanks and enjoy!
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
[version 2.3 - 11-Jan-2014]:
- fix issue w/verifying TWRP Nandroid backups [thanks to Marc M. for the kind heads-up re. this]