AgroidPlus GPS Area Meter
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
- measuring AREAS/PERIMETERS such as land or estate, fields or buildings
- measuring DISTANCES such as fences, paths or vineyards
- tracking MAPS
Using the tracking mode you can map and measure the area/perimeter by just walking around.
Tablet ready app: it supports Landscape/Portrait mode and pages are automatically resized.
Agroid requires GPS: remember to enable it before using this app. Do not confuse WPS (wifi based positioning system) with GPS (Global Positioning System): Agroid uses GPS because it needs the maximun accuracy for outdoor measurements.
This app has more features (+) than the basic edition: be aware that it is an ad-supported app and it uses banners.
+ Tracking (points collected according to specified rate and distance interval)
+ Reference (manual input/edit, default reference point)
- GPS (points collected from sat filtered according the specified accuracy)
+ Menu to edit/move points
+ Toolbar to access to key functions (Operating/Calculation modes)
+ Google Maps: semi-trasparent fill color in areas
- GPS coordinate system (WGS 1984, EPSG:4326)
- Distance, perimeter, area calculation (Gauss)
- point/vertex/average markers on a map
- OSM map (scale, zoom, baloon functions)
- Web Google map (scale, zoom, satellite/street view).
- App Google map ( zoom, satellite/street/hybrid/terrain view).
- Set and delete measurement points on the POINT LIST PAGE
- Move measurement points on the MAP VIEWS
- Sharing of text data (points, distance, perimeter, area for printing,sending,editing)
- Sharing of graphic data (maps for printing,sending,editing)
- Export to PNG (PNG file saved on SD)
- Export to KML (KML file saved on SD)
- Export your measurements (points) into Google Earth/ Maps (using the KML file)
- Export your measurements into any picture gallery (using the PNG file)
- Data saving/loading
- Automatic check of GPS accuracy
- Satellite DashBoard (long click on GPS Coordinates Label)
- Local user guide
+ Position dispersion: GPS error analisys (DRMS)
+ Position dispersion: GPS average altitude (GPS ellipsoidal height - WGS 1984)
- OSM Markers fine repositioning: improves accuracy (in urban areas)
- OSM Markers: selection from a list (useful when screen tap is critical)
- Google Markers fine repositioning: improves accuracy (in rural areas)
- Google Markers: selection from a list (useful when screen tap is critical)
Agroid relies on GPS data. To achieve the best results consider the following:
1) Remember that GPS is not suitable for indoor measurements!
2) GPS Receiver accuracy: at least <12 m accuracy in order to achieve good results (automatic check).
3) Land surveying conditions: a clear view of the sky with no obstructions from about 5° elevation and up
4) Use the advanced features to improve accuracy
5) Read the included user guide
The GPS data collection and measurements (distance, perimeter, area) do not require an internet connection (internet is required only if you access to a map view): you can save your GPS data and use the map views after the completion of the land survey for viewing/repositioning your markers.
Once you have carried out your survey using your mobile device, exporting the KML file you can also view/trim the data (points) on your favorite desktop program (apps such as Google Earth and Google Maps can import KML data).
Much more functions are available in the Pro edition (no ads): Average GPS, Tracking settings, view/share of Web mercator coordinates, view/share of UTM coordinates, function to link pictures to coords, function to show miniatures of survey pictures on the map
GPS area measure, GPS area measurement, , GPS measure, GPS surface, GPS distance
Tags: agroid gps meter, agroidplus gps area meter, measure area meter gps.
- New user interface
- Xlarge screen layout support
- User guide update