AirDroid - Best Device Manager
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
- Fast and simple login
- Good-looking interface
- Ease of use
- Great idea
- You can't clear app cache from the browser
- It would be great a built-in photo-editing features
AirDroid allows you to manager your phone from a web browser
This app has really impressed us due to its simplicity and good-looking interface. It works this way: when you run the app in your device it generates an URL (FTP-like) and a password. You just need to go to that URL and login with that password.
Then you get into a kind of desktop that's your phone guts. There are different folders that looks-like desktop shortcuts: messages, call log, market, music, photos, ringtones, files and apps. Thus, you can read you SMS from the browser and even compose and send from there, check and manager your call, seek apps & games on the market (it links you to Android market web version), your files and the apps installed in your device. You can even uninstall apps from this virtual desktop or export it to the SDcard (although you have to confirm by tapping in your device) as well as add/delete/edit contacts from your phonebook.
What's more, it recognizes your device model and show your internal and SDcard used and available memory. It even show detailed info on this: how many apps installed, amount of photos, messages and other media files.
Both the app and the web service are set in a good-looking interface. Clear and large icons to make it more understandable and usable. Login and log out are fast and easy.
AirDroid is the first app launched by SAND STUDIO on the market. However, it's meant to become one of the greatest apps. One of the best way to connect your device with your computer, no matter the OS and wireless. Highly recommendable.
Download AirDroid to win Pele Signed Boots (x2), Official Match Balls (x10), Official Jerseys (x70) and AirDroid Premium (x10000)!
Manage your Android devices on the web, all over the air.
- No USB cable required.
- No driver installation required.
- Same WiFi network or Internet.
- Pure web app, works on Windows, Mac, Chromebook and Linux.
Simply install AirDroid on your Android and you’ll be able to enjoy the following features on your computer at web.airdroid.com:
- SMS: send and receive individual or group messages.
- Apps: Import and export .apk files.
- Files: Manage files on Android and transferring files between Android and computer.
- Photos: View and manage photos on Android and transferring photos between Android and computer.
- Music & Videos: Play and manage music & videos on Android and transferring them between Android and computer.
- Ringtones: Set music as ringtone and export any ringtone.
- Contacts: View and edit all the contacts.
- Screenshot: View the real time screen of Android devices, take static screenshots. (root required)
- Camera: See through the lens of both front and back camera, also supports flashlight.
- URL: Push url to Android and open automatically open it with Android browser.
- Clipboard: Share clipboard content between Android and computer.
There are also some very useful features on the Android client, including WiFi tethering, file manager, task manager, etc.
- One less cable.
You should be able to connect different devices wirelessly, without the hassles of USB cables.
- One less screen.
You should be able to work or play with one screen, without being distracted by other screens.
- One less worry.
You should be able to locate your Android devices any time, any where, and wipe all personal data if it's lost.
- PCWorld: “This app allows you to take complete control of your Android device via your computer's Web browser.”
- Gizmodo: “I'm sending text SMS messages from my Android phone via my browser. I can't stress how great that is.”
- Lifehacker: “It's a remarkably comprehensive app, operates securely, and is a free download.”
- Android Police: “It's all the little things, the things that make AirDroid a joy to use, which make it the app of the year.”
Help,feedback and news:
Help Center: http://help.airdroid.com/
Thanks to our enthusiastic users around the world, AirDroid is speaking and learning new languages everyday: https://crowdin.net/project/airdroid
v2.1.0 Bug fixes & Improvements
1. Improved the loading speed of images in Photos.
2. Improved the loading speed of contacts.
3. Notification Mirror: fixed continuous pop ups when downloading apps.
4. Fixed a Notification Mirror bug that breaks “Google now” and “TalkBack”.
5. Fixed a payment issue that causes delay in activating Premium subscription.
6. New languages: Bulgarian (български) and Catalan (català).
7. Other bug fixes and improvements.
Nice app!! The IM messaging experience is owesome!
Very intuitive. Love the UI.
This did not turn out the way i wanted it to and every time I followed the directions it gave me an error message from my computer.
This app works great on my phone. It's bad on my previous Gingerbread phone (I know, its the limitations) and I love how this works great on me. Never used a USB cable to transfer files since I installed Airdroid. (Hopefully, I won't experience any bugs or something). Great work
this app was good but now it only sends small texts at one time! it breaks up messages i send into 2 messages ? if you fix this i may stay, but if not i will have to look else where,
This app should be among the top 5 apps you download when you have a new phone.
It is a great concept. I liked the idea very much. 5/5 for you devs.