***BUT FIRST READ THIS STUFF ABOUT COMPATIBILITY***
Root is DEFINITELY REQUIRED on most devices. The only exceptions are those based on the Tegra hardware platform. If you are not sure what root is or whether your device is Tegra-based, please take a few minutes to Google the answers before trying the app.
Additionally, there a few known issues. Skip a few paragraphs to read about those.
AndroSS is an open-source, GPLv2'd, ad-free screenshot program targeted at developers and advanced users. It works quickly and quietly, and will not 'watermark' your screen shots in any way.
* activate on hardware camera button or device shake
* configurable compression level (PNG, quality JPG, fast JPG)
* configurable feedback (toast popup, audio notification, vibration)
* persistent mode (remain enabled after each screenshot)
* rootless screenshots on Tegra devices
* On some devices, tinted screenshots, usually red. I haven't been able to pin this down yet - if you come across it, I'd at least like to know what you're running.
* Does not work on Ice Cream Sandwich and up due to Weird Framebuffer Shit, but who cares? The built-in screenshot functionality is way better than my jank app.
Feedback welcome. The AndroSS source is available at http://github.com/tstein/AndroSS
Tags: andross android, andross.apk, andross download, andross code, andross app apk.
Recently changed in this version:
* Fix Norwegian translation not being used on Norsk Bökmal (nb) devices.
* Beta fix for diagonal line/shearing corruption.
* Attempt to use /system/xbin/su and /system/bin/su during root check.
* Add Japanese localization by cielavenir.
* Add Norwegian localization by Ørjan Vøllestad.
* Add Russian localization by N. Shapoval.