Private or confidential information stored in a smartphone or a tablet can be very simply leaked if the device is lost or hacked. To protect information, it is a good idea to encrypt files in the device. 'araCrypt' provides many functions for easy and fast encryption and decryption.
< Features >
Quick encryption : very fast way to encrypt files.
Completed encryption : strong encryption to protect files.
Timer : easy way to decrypt and encrypt files.
File management support
Detailed file information
Simple & easy user interface
< FAQ >
1. What is file encryption?
File encryption is a process to encrypt the contents of a file with specific algorithm to prevent opening the file by other people. It is different from changing file property to hidden or moving file to other folders which makes the file difficult to find. It is the most reliable method to protect a file.
2. Why do I need file encryption even if a device can protect its contents by screen lock?
Even though the screen lock is activated, sometimes you need to hand over your device to other people to show your pictures, videos, e-mails, voice recordings etc. In this case, screen lock can not protect your personal files from other people. This is the reason why file encryption is needed.
3. What kind of files can be encrypted?
You can encrypt any files in your device like pictures, videos, voice recordings, e-mail attachments, downloaded files etc.
4. What is 'quick encryption' and 'completed encryption'?
Quick encryption use simple algorithm and skip validation checks for the purpose of encrypting a file in a short time. Completed encryption is aimed to provide strong encryption though it may take time. It also process validation checks to boost reliability of the file transfer through network. So quick encryption is recommended for files frequently opened and do not need to share with others. In other hand, completed encryption is a proper choice for files to share with others or need strong encryption.
5. What is a 'timer'?
Some files need to be opened frequently but it will be very inconvenient thing to open encrypted files because you have to repeat decryption and encryption. In this case, you can set a timer on a encrypted file to open. The timer will decrypt the file and automatically encrypt the file again when the time is up. A timer can be set only for quick encrypted files.
6. What is the difference between the 'starting password' and the 'encryption key'?
The starting password is a password with 4-digit to enter the app and see the encrypted file list. The encryption key is a password for decryption and it is at least 8 characters long.
7. What can I do if I forget the starting password?
If you forget your starting password and can not start the app, find araCrypt in 'Settings-> Apps' and press the 'Clear data' button or remove the app and reinstall it. When you start the app after this operation you can enter a new starting password.
8. If anyone can change the starting password by reinstalling the app or clearing data without knowing the current password, isn't it so lax security?
Although the starting password does the preceding security function, the main security function is by the encryption key. Without knowing the encryption key, there is nothing to find out about encrypted files.
9. What is the difference between free version and commercial version?
- The free version can manage up to 10 encrypted files but the commercial version does not have any limit.
- When you forget the encryption key of a file the commercial version can give you a hint.
- The commercial version has no advertisement banner.
from 12 reviews