Aruba Utilities includes a number of tools useful for characterizing and troubleshooting wireless LANs from Aruba Networks. Some tools work with any WLAN, others fetch data from Aruba’s controllers, Airwave management system and location engine.
• The Handover Tab shows current access point ID and name, dynamic signal strength and RSSI measurements, channel usage, other access points audible to (scanned by) the device and handover events.
• The Controller Tab logs into an Aruba controller using Telnet or SSH. Various commands can be run and repeated. Special features include blinking the LEDs on a specified AP.
• The Aperf Tab is an iPerf v2 implementation (best used in client mode, but also supports server and bidirectional modes), useful for throughput testing.
• The Floorplan Tab downloads the floorplan picture and AP details from an Airwave WLAN management system or Analytics & Location Engine (ALE). It displays location and location history of a target MAC. It also shows AP locations, with configuration data including current loading, channels and power, and a simple Aruba-specific site survey function.
• An implementation of the Airwave Management Client reports device information and scanned APs to the Airwave WLAN management system.
• Scans and measurements are written to a plain-text log file. A one-button email function generates an email from an account on the device and emails this log and a number of other log files as attachments.
Aruba Utilities was developed by the CTO Group in Aruba Networks as a testbed for our research into WLAN measurement and optimization techniques. It will be of interest to network engineers with Aruba Networks WLANs, particularly those with Airwave and ALE. We would like to make this tool as useful as possible, so please send us your comments and ideas.
There are two forums for discussion. The Beta program is on a Google+ Community https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100638199649434481720 which will give automatic access to new Beta releases via the Google Play Store. Meanwhile we have general discussions on Airheads Social http://community.arubanetworks.com/ (search with "Aruba Utilities" for the threads like this http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/Aruba-Utilities-version-64-released/m-p/127607 ).
I take individual questions at email@example.com
v64 additions & fixes:
!- Aruba Utilities now supports the Analytics & Location Engine (ALE) API v1.1. If ALE is enabled in settings, the floorplan and target MAC location will be taken from ALE and Airwave will be implicitly disabled.
!- special setting for ‘locate all’… Settings - Compass Offset - 99 will show location and optionally show history for all devices on the floorplan (like other Airwave and ALE functions, this needs the device to be on the floor, or ‘track my mac’ false and a real ‘track this mac’ to get the right floorplan).
!- Settings is now organized as 5 profiles. Previously stored settings will be converted to profile 0 on upgrade
!- The Email-Log command automatically attaches available non-empty files including log, floorplan view snapshot, controller telnet log, survey results (Airwave or ALE), and survey pt file.
!- Aperf now takes its initial values from the last command entered.
!- Changed color algorithm for scanned BSSIDs
!- Improvements to the iPerf and Ping implementations
!- Fixes to stop Android screen lock closing over the app
!- Red and yellow thresholds settable for rate and signal strength
!- It’s more difficult for Google Play Store to refuse to load a particular device with "uses-feature-not-required" in the manifest.
!- Improved ZMQ client to accommodate new ALE host address without restart
!- Added Wi-Fi Lock to keep Wi-Fi active when the device wants to shut it down
!- Offline floorplan caches ALE floorplans as well as AirWave
!- Added AP details on ‘current AP’ line of Handover Tab
!- Added new Aruba OUI 18:64:72
Tags: aruba utilities , aruba ap configuration utility , aruba utilities logincookie crash , aruba networks utilities , aperf utility , aruba tools , useful command for aruba airwave
from 191 reviews