50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Still some things to enhance
A helpful tool to improve your productivity
Auto Speaker is a simple app that switches the speaker status to on or off during a phone call, by following the proximity sensor. The app can be extremely helpful and make your daily life easier, especially if you usually take a lot of calls.
HH Group is the developer of Auto Speaker, a useful tool that still needs to improve its functioning regarding the use of headsets. Great idea, indeed.
It uses the proximity sensor to know if the phone is near your ear or not.
If you are using any type of headset, it will turn the speaker off, regardless of the proximity sensor and use the headset.
Whenever you are in a call, a new "control" button appears (default location is on the top left of the screen).
Pressing this button enables (Green icon) or disables (Red icon) the service for the current call.
Alternatively you can use notification on the status bar instead of the control button.
Please note that when disabling the service it will turn off the speaker.
Furthermore, the speaker button of the dialer may not indicate the current status of the speaker (on\off), nevertheless the status is changed.
Some devices may need to be calibrated for the app to work correctly.
See 'Calibration' option in settings if needed.
- Set default service status.
- Disable the service when phone is set to silent or vibrate (optional).
- On each call, you can change the service status for that specific call (It does not change your dialer).
Using it will turn the speaker on if service is enabled, and off if service is disabled.
- Set the speaker status when call starts.
- When changing to speaker, set the volume to maximum (configurable).
- Keep the screen on when speaker and/or headset is in used (optional).
- Control for speaker on\off delay (separate delay for on and off).
- Select between using control button or notification on status bar.
- Custom location of the control button.
- Custom transparency of control button.
Default setting is to turn off the speaker quickly when putting it near the ear, but a longer delay to turn it off.
This way if you just move the phone for a second from the ear it will not turn it on.
Any comments\requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Just put in the subject "Auto Speaker".
Special thanks to:
- Mitch Atchley - For his big help in testing the application
- Nauman Afzal (@nomidesigns) - For Designing and and contributing the application icon
- Grigore Frișan - For translation into Romanian
* Added widget to easily enable and disable the service - Thanks to Nauman Afzal (@nomidesigns) for designing the widget icon
Some lists where this application appears: Reviewed by Anna Grace.
One suggestion to make your app more awesome, if you could add voice commands to control the volume of the particular call session, that would be extremely helpful.
I've had this app. on my Note 2 for quite a while now. It works perfectly and is really useful
Works what it says
I have a new Lg Tribute that just came out and this program didnt work even after "calibrating" it.Big disappointment!
I tried so many similar apps (paid and free) but this one is the only one that works 100%.