NOTE: BatteryBot Battery Indicator (free) or BatteryBot Pro (paid) are the apps recommended for most users. This retro version is unsupported and is only available because some people (a small minority) prefer it.
Battery Indicator Pro is the original battery indicator app for Android, released in 2009. It underwent a major redesign in early 2013 and got renamed to BatteryBot Pro. This is the classic Battery Indicator Pro as it existed right before the redesign, here for those who prefer the classic look. Most users should instead opt for either BatteryBot (free) or BatteryBot Pro (paid), which are actively being developed and maintained and have widgets, automatic time-remaining estimates, and other new features not included here.
Battery Indicator Pro is a lightweight battery indicator for the Android™ mobile operating system. Its core feature is that it provides an icon that lives in the status bar and shows you the percentage of battery charge left.
This Pro version offers a great deal more utility than that, however. Besides offering red, amber, and green icons, it also has the following key features:
• Fully configurable estimated charge/discharge time left.
• Downloadable icon plugins.
• Logging of battery state.
• Themes for the main window (including a full-size window with large, easy-to-read text).
• Manually disable/reenable the device lock screen, with the option to automatically disable it when plugged in and reenable it when unplugged.
• Battery logging. You can log the battery state (charge, status, voltage, temperature) and browse the logs on the phone or export to CSV.
• Alarms (full, charge above X, charge below X, temperature above X, or health failure).
• Lots of configurability of behavior and appearance.
• Very lightweight (please email me if you think otherwise, and I'll help you figure out what's wrong — I promise this app will not drain your battery!)
• Shows 1% increments even on most Motorola devices (option needs to be enabled on devices that default to 10% increments)
• Well-tested and supported on all major versions of Android (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2; Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich / ICS, Jelly Bean) and form factors (small phones, medium phones, large phones, 7-inch tablets, 10-inch tablets).
• Many more useful things that you'll discover throughout.
• Open source.