BatteryBot Battery Indicator
5,000,000 - 10,000,000 downloads
- Easy to use
- The design could be improved
+ By Darshan Computing, LLC
Battery Indicator is a small Android application that informs you of all the data regarding to your battery use: battery charge level, temperature, health, voltage, time since plugged.
It's really simple and therefore easy to use. If you want to change the settings you just need to tap on the menu and select the Settings section. Then, you can convert Celsius to Fahrenheit and viceversa, Autostart at Boot, modify the status duration and the textual charge level. If you click on View Battery Use on the main board a new window opens with a list of all the items that are using battery and the percentage of their use out of the total.
Battery Indicator and the pro version are the only applications developed by Darshan Computing, LLC. Good and useful app, perfect for controlling your battery use and trying to keep it down.
~ ~ ~ ~
The original Battery Indicator for Android has been reborn with a new name, a new look, and new features! Battery Indicator is now BatteryBot. BatteryBot is currently in beta, which means it is not finished and will be undergoing rapid development, with things changing frequently. It should not have any major issues, however, and I believe that it is already better than the old Battery Indicator, so here it is. Please email me if you have any issues.
The main change, besides looking and working differently, is automatic time-remaining estimates based on recent usage. This is currently based on the past five minutes of usage.
Three years ago I was an inexperienced computer geek who was disappointed that his Android phone couldn't easily show him his battery level. So I created the first status bar battery indicator for Android. I've continued to improve as a programmer and make minor improvements to the app ever since.
Now there are many other battery apps, several of which are also called "Battery Indicator". So I decided it was time to completely redesign the app to be more useful, more attractive, and easier to use. This beta release is the first of many steps to realize that vision. It seemed like a good time to rename the app to something unique.
* Further modifications to the design
* Updated translations
And for the Pro version:
* More configurability of the new features
* More and better icon plugins
* Graphs of the battery history
* A desktop widget
I've never really shared my business philosophy; this is and always has been how I see it:
1) Ads are annoying. For some apps, ads might make sense, but a system utility should not have ads.
2) The free version should be simple but useful; it shouldn't feel crippled.
3) Some people choose to purchase the Pro version because they want extra features, some because they want more customization, and many because they just want to say "thanks" for the free version.
~ ~ ~ ~
BatteryBot monitors and shows your battery charge level (percent) as an icon in your status bar, with temperature, health, voltage, and time since plugged / unplugged in the notification area.
• Automatic time-remaining estimates based on recent usage
• Simple and straightforward
• Easy access to system Battery Use screen
• Very lightweight (please email me if you think otherwise, and I'll help you figure out what's wrong — I promise this app will not drain your battery.)
• There are now three built-in icon sets, and the default set for Android 3.0+ (Honeycomb and newer) is now even larger than before. The default set on older devices is the old classic set.
• Now shows 1% increments even on most Motorola devices (option needs to be enabled on devices that default to 10% increments)
• Well-tested and supported on all major versions of Android (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2; Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich / ICS, Jelly Bean) and form factors (small phones, medium phones, large phones, 7-inch tablets, 10-inch tablets).
• No ads
• Open source
The Pro/Donate version has many more features: estimated charge/discharge time, logging, alarms, colored icons, icon plugins, themes, ability to disable the lockscreen, and more customization. Please consider upgrading if you'd like any of those features, or just to say "thank you."
Please email me if you have any questions or comments.
Recently changed in this version:
• The time-remaining estimates are now less sensitive. They're still based on recent usage, but you won't get the dramatic swings you had before. I plan to add back the old algorithm as an option for Pro users very soon. In the meantime, please let me know what you think of the estimates.
• Fix: When charging past 100%, the estimates would count backwards until Fully Charged.
• Updated Spanish translations.
Last activity on BatteryBot Battery Indicator
- naufal.fa Downloaded 3d ago
- lanhuong Downloaded 3d ago
- myster blower Downloaded May 6, 2013
- vladik93 Downloaded May 6, 2013
- harshalshindepune Downloaded May 4, 2013
- asarebenny Downloaded Apr 29, 2013
- adytyarahmaaan Downloaded Apr 29, 2013
- Lin Lyinnza Downloaded Apr 29, 2013
- vishakhals Downloaded Apr 29, 2013
Lists with: BatteryBot Battery Indicator
Comments and ratings for BatteryBot Battery Indicator
Simple and easy but the time remain not reflect the true situation
Way way cool! Easy to use, and I like having an indication in the notification bar. Drop down gives you more info.
Nice to see an app that doesn't require any additional privileges that aren't required. In fact this app doesn't need any!
Works like a charm
Does the job well, I know the exact percent its at
The developer updates this app consistently and it works great