Bike anti-theft pro
10 - 50 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By OplaSoft Studio
Here’s an idea…
Why not re-use your old android smartphone as anti-theft device for extra protection? All you have to do is install Bike anti-theft pro widget.
How it works
The first time you install Bike anti-theft pro widget on your old smartphone it asks you to enter a phone number to alert in case of theft.You can modify this information later in the configuration screen.
When you park your bike on the street, after attaching it to a fixed object, you activate the lock on Bike anti-theft pro widget with a simple touch on the screen and hide the smartphone in a tool bag. (Send us an email to find out more ideas on how to hide the phone).
As soon as your bike moves while in lock mode you receive immediately a phone call to the phone number of your choice. Your bike is asking for help! Don’t wait too long before going to check on it.
If your bike is still there, reactivate the lock.
When you untangle your bike chain, make sure to unlock Bike anti-theft pro. It will deactivate the motion detector with just a click on the widget and you’re ready to go.
You can change the phone number to alert in case of theft at any time clicking on the settings button on the top-left corner of the widget.
Lock: when locking your bike remember to lock also Bike anti-theft pro. This will allow you to receive a phone call to a number of your choice as soon as your bike is moved.
Unlock: when unlocking Bike anti-theft pro the motion detector is deactivated.
Send GPS position: Send GPS position when requested by Bike anti-theft remote.
How to install
- Download Bike anti-theft pro widget from Google play
- From your home screen click on the menu button.
- Select Personalize -> Widget
- Select Bike anti-theft pro from the list
- Click on the Configuration button on the top-right of your widget to enter the mobile phone to alert in case of theft.
Due to a bug in android 4.0 devices, if you don’t find the widget on the list, restart the phone.
Turn your phone into an anti-theft device
This widget is designed to be installed on a dedicated device and not on a device you use in your everyday life to make phone calls, send text etc. Here are some suggestions on how to prepare your anti-theft device:
- The screen timeout should be disabled when the widget is in lock mode to be able to detect movement. This is done automatically when you click on the config button. To save battery life the brightness is set to its lower level and the automatic brightness is disabled.
- The ringtone mode should be set to silent at all times. This is done automatically when you click on the config button. This will improve security and protect your phone from potential thieves.
- We suggest you uninstall all apps and widgets. This way you’ll extend battery life, plus, you don’t need them any more.
- Turn off screen animations, live wallpapers, and other eye candy features
- Switch-Off Auto Sync Option of Gmail, Google Calendar, Facebook, Twitter etc…
- Switch off WI-FI, Bluetooth and 4G. Only the GPS should be on but don’t worry, it will only consumes battery when you ask for the GPS position with your Bike anti-theft remote.
- Remove vibration
… here’s another idea…
Why not use Bike anti-theft remote application to remotely control your Bike anti-theft pro?
… and another idea…
Why not use Bike anti-theft remote application to retrieve the GPS location of your bike and view it on the map?
We appreciate any feedback that helps us provide a positive customer experience. Feel free to post any issues, comments and ideas at: http://oplasoft.wordpress.com/support-2/
Tags: antifurto bici, gps bicycle security app devices antitheft, bluetooth anti furto, anti theft guard pro, come installare antifurto x bike, migliori antifurto bici, antifurto per bici nascosto, antifurtio migliore bici, bici alarm, antifurto bicicletta.