50,000 - 100,000 downloads
- Password to encrypt/decrypt
- User-friendly UI
- Full integration with Dropbox
- It's for advanced users
If you're a devoted Dropbox user, you will probably appreciate applying an additional layer of security to the files you upload to the cloud. BoxCryptor allows you to use a password to encrypt and decrypt all files type: photos, music, folders, .exe, etc.
Besides the encryption password, it will be encrypted with a different filename not to show any information about the file content. All the encryption/decryption process is done directly on your phone and your password is never transmitted to any other intermediate. This means, you will have your personal files secure on the cloud. BoxCryptor is fully integrated with Dropbox. The UI is user-friendly: your files will be encrypted and uploaded in a few taps.
This is the free version which has some limited options like: read access only, no app unlock PIN, and only the first two encrypted folder levels are accessible. The paid version remove all these restrictions.
BoxCryptor has been developed by Acomba UG (haftungsbeschränkt). Although this is the only app they've developed so far, they've reaching remarkably success with it.
We appreciate apps that increase the standard level of security. They're added value apps. However, we think Dropbox security level is acceptable and regular maybe don't need that level of security. For those who do need it, that's one of the best options.
NOTE: If you experience any problems with this app, instead of leaving a 1-star review, we invite you to contact our support to find the best way to help you. You can submit a ticket here: http://support.boxcryptor.com - Thank you!
BoxCryptor is an encryption software optimized for cloud storage. With BoxCryptor for Android you can easily access your encrypted folders via smartphone or tablet. And the best: It's free!
- Supports all popular cloud storage providers like Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft SkyDrive. See below the complete list of supported providers.
- Always have your sensitive files with you - and enjoy peace of mind knowing that these are securely encrypted.
- Access all your encrypted documents (photos, music, etc.) in your cloud.
- Encryption and decryption is done directly on your mobile phone or tablet - your password is never transmitted.
- Secure file encryption using the AES-256 standard (Advanced Encryption Standard with a key size of 256 bit).
- App unlock PIN for additional security.
- Limited EncFS compatibility (more details can be found on our website).
- With the BoxCryptor Unlimited versions you can have filename encryption to hide any sensitive information that may be mentioned on the name of a file or folder.
List of supported storage providers:
Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft SkyDrive, Box.net, SugarSync, Egnyte, Strato HiDrive, Telekom Cloud, Cubby, GMX MediaCenter, Web.de Smartdrive, Livedrive, Yandex Disk, CloudSafe and others using WebDAV. Additionally it is possible to encrypt files on your local device storage.
Go to www.boxcryptor.com to find product manuals and more information about BoxCryptor.
BoxCryptor for Android requires the following permissions:
- Network communication: Required for Internet access.
- Storage: Required to read/write files.
- Find accounts: Required for Google Drive support. This allows retrieving your Google account information when - and only when - connecting to Google Drive. You will then be asked to grant access to BoxCryptor for Android to your Google Drive files.
- Prevent device from sleeping: Required for the picture slideshow.
Keywords: encryption, encrypted, AES, security, cloud, cloud storage
Recently changed in this version:
Version 1.4.7 (04/11/2013)
* Fixed: Invalid package error on some devices
* Fixed: GMX MediaCenter not working
* Fixed: KeePass files could only be opened in one app
Version 1.4.6 (04/10/2013)
* Fixed: File operations failed on Android < 2.3
Version 1.4.5 (04/10/2013)
* Added: Fastscroll to browser list
* Fixed: "Not connected to storage provider" error
Version 1.4.4 (04/09/2013)
* Added: Egnyte support
* Added: New local storage locations
* Fixed: "open failed: EBUSY" error
Last activity on BoxCryptor
- menmon Downloaded May 15, 2013
- ahmedwafeek Favorited Apr 30, 2013
- khs1241 Downloaded Apr 6, 2013
- holadocky Downloaded Mar 30, 2013
- valentinahola Downloaded Mar 30, 2013
- ksiddu123 Downloaded Mar 29, 2013
- dsrah Downloaded Mar 26, 2013
- nitinmukesh Downloaded Feb 28, 2013
- Dragonbaby Downloaded Feb 24, 2013
Lists with: BoxCryptor
Comments and ratings for BoxCryptor
Unfortunately does this tool not allow thumbnails-view on crypted jpg or pic
Does everything and does it well. Easy to setup. Beware that this app downloads each file as you open it so has some bandwidth implications. Much better to use in tandem with something like dropsync if you're using dropbox so you always have the latest en
This is the most convenient way I have found to keep your info encrypted in the cloud.
Excellent app! Thank u.
Works seamlessly with my android and Windows system. Love the security it gives me in securing important files being shared with my online storage.
I use this app w/ Box and it works great! The ability to encrypt your private files while giving yourself piece of mind about their safety is priceless and this app is free. If you're a cloud storage user then this extra level of security is what you've b