10,000 - 50,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
+ By Eyes-Free Project
This app lets you connect a supported refreshable braille display to your device via Bluetooth. Screen content will be presented on the braille display and you can navigate and interact with your device using the keys on the display. It is possible to input text using the braille keyboard.
Devices supported in this version:
* APH Refreshabraille
* Baum VarioConnect
* Esys EuroBraille
* Freedom Scientific Focus Blue (14 and 40 cell models)
* HandyTech (Basic Braille, Active Braille, Braille Star, Braille Wave, Braillino, Easy Braille)
* Harpo Braillepen 12
* HIMS (BrailleSense, Braille EDGE)
* Humanware Brailliant (1st generation and BI models)
* Optelec Alva (BC640, BC680)
* Papenmeier Braillex Trio
* Seika (notetaker and 40 cell display)
This app is only active when Accessibility is enabled.
Steps to activate this app:
* Go to Settings
* Select Accessibility
* Select BrailleBack, and enable the checkbox
* Go back to Settings
* Select Bluetooth
* If your bluetooth braille display is not listed, make sure the display is in pairing mode and select Search For Devices
* Select the name of your braille display to make sure that it is paired
For further instructions, press the space bar and dots 1, 2 and 3 on the display at the same time. If your display doesn't have braille input keys, choose Keyboard help in BrailleBack settings.
Tags: brailleback, braille back jellybean, brailleback keystrokes, free braille back, focus blue braille braille back, backspace.png, braille back, brailleback keyboard, brailleback and, eyes free brailleback free talkback.
* Added support for the following braille displays:
- Optelec Alva (BC640, BC680)
- Freedom Scientific (Focus 14 Blue)
- Seika (notetaker and 40 cell display)
- HandyTech (Basic Braille, Active Braille, Braille Star, Braille Wave, Braillino, Easy Braille)
* New commands (see the keyboard help for your display):
- Move to top/bottom of screen
- Jump to next/previous section, list and control in Google Chrome.
- Search on screen (for displays with a braille keyboard)