Calculator for oils
1,000 - 5,000 downloadsAdd this app to your lists
This is the newly updated free app provided by MMC (Mooring Marine Consultancy) especially designed for marine cargo surveyors and deck officers on oiltankers to help with cargo calculations.
This app replaces the old Calculator for Oil app which can no longer be updated. The new app does NOT contain any ads or other 'noise', and it is TOTALLY FREE just like the old one.
NEWLY ADDED FEATURES:
All tables now exactly match STM 1980 table values
- Calculate using either table 6A/6B/6D or 54A/54B/54D
- Calculate Metric Tons in Air using Table 56 or using (density in vacuo - 11 points)
- Conversion of API and density using table 3 instead of formulas
NOW ALSO AVAILABE FOR THE iPHONE IN THE APPSTORE: http://bit.ly/YvpDpv
The app uses the ASTM tables (1980) and formulas to calculate weights and volumes based on entered density@15 or API, observed volume and temperature, and calculates the following:
- Volume correction factor (to number of decimals of your own choice)
- Metric tons (vacuum)
- Metric tons (air)
- GSV (M3 @15)
- BBLS (@60)
Furthermore, the app can convert API to density @15 and vice versa.
Precision for VCF, GSV, MTons, LTons and Bbls can be changed using a settings screen. Settings are saved in the app so that when you use the app next time it will calculate with your chosen settings.
The app can calculate for crude oil, black and white products and lubrication oils, and input can be changed between density in vacuum / API, M3 and Barrels, and degrees Celsius / Fahrenheit.
Now also with settings to switch between calculation using ASTM Table 6A / 6B /6D (especially for US) and ASTM Table 54A / 54B, and an option to calculate Metric Tons in air using either Table 56 or (dens in vacuo - 11 points).
If you like the app, please rate, and submit any request for changes/improvements using the comments section in Google Play.
Like us on facebook! http://on.fb.me/12lwGrN
Tags: which all astm tables to use when using table 6a for cargo calculation, converting api to density @15 c, api table 6b calculator, oil vcf calculator, crude oil calculator, cargo calculation apps, astm oil calculation free petro calculator, lubrication oil density calculator, cargo calculator full version, api and temp table 6b calculator.
Updated to version 1.8:
- Corrected rounding off for temperatures and densities in order to achieve the correct normalized values.
- Amended number format to show commas in groups of three digits for easier reading
Updated to version 1.7.3:
- Now inline conversion from/to relative density (aka spec gravity @60) included
- Corrections to calculations when using US system